Gen 3: 2008-2010 Bazzaz ZFI-TC!! 2 questions?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 06-16-2011, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Gen 5 Now!!

Posting Frequency

Bazzaz ZFI-TC!! 2 questions??

just got done installing the bazzaz tc. quick shifter doesnt seem to wanna shift when i push on the pedal. anyone have the zfi-tc standard shift? if so what quick shifter is it? the push or pull? and do you have any photos of the qs installed on the bike?? thanks

was riding and bike cut out like it was only running on 2 cylinders. sounded really wierd and had no throttle response. but then went back to normal and did it again. any ideas? maybe coil connections?

GEN 5!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 06-16-2011, 02:23 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08zx10rny View Post
just got done installing the bazzaz tc. quick shifter doesnt seem to wanna shift when i push on the pedal. anyone have the zfi-tc standard shift? if so what quick shifter is it? the push or pull? and do you have any photos of the qs installed on the bike?? thanks

I don't see it being any different from the dynojet setup so it should be a push for standard shift and a pull for gp shift...
was riding and bike cut out like it was only running on 2 cylinders. sounded really wierd and had no throttle response. but then went back to normal and did it again. any ideas? maybe coil connections?
that definately sounds like a loose connection.....Could be one or 2 pins not connecting properly in the harness...

****Giiiiiiiiittttttuuuurrrdooonnneee****
post #3 of 27 Old 06-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Its push for standard pull for GP. The cutting out is something I have dealt with, it seems that all connections need to be soldered rather than using the wire taps. I still have wire taps in place and will be soldering soon. Also make sure the shift rod is nice and snug, the locking nuts need to be snug, no slop.
hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 07-08-2011, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Gen 5 Now!!

Posting Frequency

ok fixed the cutting out problem. it was the power wire t fiiting from the brake light. but now i still cant get any ignition cut for it to shift. the light comes on the shift sensor, lights up on the bazzaz unit but still no kill. this is really bothering me now. dont know what else it could be. double checked all my connections to the coils.

GEN 5!!!

post #5 of 27 Old 07-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

This might sound silly, but when you start the bike is it in neutral or in gear?
I have noticed that my bike will not kill during shifts if I start the bike in gear!!!! I have no idea why, but it does seem to make a difference.
Also I still have the very occasional low rpm or running on 2 cylinders. Shutting the bike off & restarting seems to fix it.
Good luck
post #6 of 27 Old 07-09-2011, 04:19 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I've got the same issue going on with my QS4 unit right now. Do you have an XTRE by any chance? I think that's my issue as the tap is down stream of the TRE unit and it either shows N or 6th gear. I don't think the kill times in 6th gear are long enough. I was going to either try setting the kill time for 6th gear longer, tap the gear selector wire prior to the TRE unit, or remove the TRE. I haven't had time to work on it yet, but that's my path when I do. In the mean time, I'll be following this thread if you figure it out.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #7 of 27 Old 07-09-2011, 05:40 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Sounds like your pushing, which would be GP shift, not standard shift. Pushing on the lever on 2008 would need a pull sensor and thats GP shift not standard shift.

So did you buy standard shift? If you bought standard shift, you have to pull up on the lever with foot (using push sensor).

What kinda of sensor did you get? Push sensor or pull sensor? Push sensor is standard shift on 2008.

What is the orientation of your shfit knuckle? Up or down? Down is standard shift or stock, up is GP shift on 2008.

Knuckle down is stock / standard shift and you pull up on lever with your foot / uses push sensor

Knuckle up is GP shift and you push down with your foot / uses pull sensor

Last edited by OTDR; 07-09-2011 at 05:42 PM.
post #8 of 27 Old 07-09-2011, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Gen 5 Now!!

Posting Frequency

nope bike is in nuetral. the running on 2 cylinder was a power wire problem coming loose from the scotch lock connector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPfan View Post
This might sound silly, but when you start the bike is it in neutral or in gear?
I have noticed that my bike will not kill during shifts if I start the bike in gear!!!! I have no idea why, but it does seem to make a difference.
Also I still have the very occasional low rpm or running on 2 cylinders. Shutting the bike off & restarting seems to fix it.
Good luck
i do have the xtre. i was actually thinking that it did having something to do with it. gonna actually try removing tre and see if this works. was trying to trouble shoot it with joe from Bazzaz but didnt have enough time and didnt have access to rear stands while i was talking to him. im going to give him a call back on wednesday if i still cant get it to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
I've got the same issue going on with my QS4 unit right now. Do you have an XTRE by any chance? I think that's my issue as the tap is down stream of the TRE unit and it either shows N or 6th gear. I don't think the kill times in 6th gear are long enough. I was going to either try setting the kill time for 6th gear longer, tap the gear selector wire prior to the TRE unit, or remove the TRE. I haven't had time to work on it yet, but that's my path when I do. In the mean time, I'll be following this thread if you figure it out.
no i habe the right sensor. i bought the standard shift tc but it actually came with a pull sensor but swapped it out with joe from bazzaz. he said i needed the push sensor which is correct for my setup. hopefully ill figure it out soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTDR View Post
Sounds like your pushing, which would be GP shift, not standard shift. Pushing on the lever on 2008 would need a pull sensor and thats GP shift not standard shift.

So did you buy standard shift? If you bought standard shift, you have to pull up on the lever with foot (using push sensor).

What kinda of sensor did you get? Push sensor or pull sensor? Push sensor is standard shift on 2008.

What is the orientation of your shfit knuckle? Up or down? Down is standard shift or stock, up is GP shift on 2008.

Knuckle down is stock / standard shift and you pull up on lever with your foot / uses push sensor

Knuckle up is GP shift and you push down with your foot / uses pull sensor
thanks for the input guys

GEN 5!!!

post #9 of 27 Old 07-09-2011, 08:24 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:

no i habe the right sensor. i bought the standard shift tc but it actually came with a pull sensor but swapped it out with joe from bazzaz. he said i needed the push sensor which is correct for my setup. hopefully ill figure it out soon

thanks for the input guys
If your using a push sensor, then standard shift with knuckle oriented down.

Then you would be pulling up on the lever, not pushing on it as you stated in your original post.

Good luck on getting sorted.
post #10 of 27 Old 07-09-2011, 08:35 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
i do have the xtre. i was actually thinking that it did having something to do with it. gonna actually try removing tre and see if this works. was trying to trouble shoot it with joe from Bazzaz but didnt have enough time and didnt have access to rear stands while i was talking to him. im going to give him a call back on wednesday if i still cant get it to work.
Cool. If you figure it out, please let me know. I'm hoping to work on it tomorrow and if I come up with something, I'll let ya know.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in