hello

I was wondering if some of you have tried it and tell me about it

http://www.bazzazperformance.com/ind...hk=1&Itemid=26

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

It's expensive and I can't see the cost/performance justification....

I have the Bazzaz controller and auto tune...

It is really neat to hook up your laptop and play with the settings....

post #3 of 12 Old 01-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus View Post
hello

I was wondering if some of you have tried it and tell me about it

http://www.bazzazperformance.com/ind...hk=1&Itemid=26

Its the best thing ever made but you only need the TC if you race on the street its pointless.

Hey older guy, how can you not see the cost/performance??
The Bazzaz TC unit is like buying 2 PCIII usb and a Ignition Modual and a Quickshifter...so tell me again how you can't see it............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-07-2009, 06:20 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I've "lost" traction on the rear tire quite a few times on road, so I would really like proper traction control on my bike.

The roads here in Norway are horrible, and with all the power of the 10R, one really has to be featherlight with the throttle. Even 600's struggle when you hit cracks, gravel and bumps on our lousy roads. It's a lot scarier to spin the rear on road than on track (when one is 100% focused at going fast). In the wet, it would really rock.

In my mind, traction control should be a standard on all bikes, just like most cars have theese days.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by espen View Post
I've "lost" traction on the rear tire quite a few times on road, so I would really like proper traction control on my bike.

The roads here in Norway are horrible, and with all the power of the 10R, one really has to be featherlight with the throttle. Even 600's struggle when you hit cracks, gravel and bumps on our lousy roads. It's a lot scarier to spin the rear on road than on track (when one is 100% focused at going fast). In the wet, it would really rock.

In my mind, traction control should be a standard on all bikes, just like most cars have theese days.
well if you set up the TC way sensitive and a high amount of retard timing i guess you'll like it lol. To me the bazzaz TC unit is the best thing that has been made for a bike in the past 10 years
post #6 of 12 Old 01-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to SilviaVsSupra
ive had plenty of ride time with my buddys 07 10r that makes quite a bit power over stock and the problem that i noticed with this unit is that when the tire slips, it has a pause or delay in power, its very brief but i could definitely notice it when in WOT.

for track, probably better that you control your rear tire with your throttle, and not rely on something to monitor it for you.
i would assume that on the track you can slip your tire a bit without losing complete traction, the TC unit doesnt want to let you get that far from total traction - resulting in a delay in power delivery, if your exiting a corner and this delay kicks in, you just lost your linear power curve just when you needed it most..

thats just my .02

in other thoughts, for street riding on a powerful bike or maybe a less experienced rider on the track, this seems to be a really good idea

p.s.- without the TC it rips loose sideways and picks up the front relatively violently, and it doesnt take much to control, basically does it all by itself, you just gotta have undies on tight enough to keep your cool!

'04 ZX10R - PART OUT!!
'08 CBR1000RR - dealership is trying to steal it!
'06 CBR1000RR - her name WAS "Freedom"
'07 CBR1000RR - her name is "Gotham" (also FS)

Last edited by SilviaVsSupra; 01-08-2009 at 10:38 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

On the track the TC really doesn't make you faster it just keep you fast 10 laps into a race, so racing wise think of TC more of a tire saver of somewhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaVsSupra View Post
ive had plenty of ride time with my buddys 07 10r that makes quite a bit power over stock and the problem that i noticed with this unit is that when the tire slips, it has a pause or delay in power, its very brief but i could definitely notice it when in WOT.

for track, probably better that you control your rear tire with your throttle, and not rely on something to monitor it for you.
i would assume that on the track you can slip your tire a bit without losing complete traction, the TC unit doesnt want to let you get that far from total traction - resulting in a delay in power delivery, if your exiting a corner and this delay kicks in, you just lost your linear power curve just when you needed it most..

thats just my .02

in other thoughts, for street riding on a powerful bike or maybe a less experienced rider on the track, this seems to be a really good idea

p.s.- without the TC it rips loose sideways and picks up the front relatively violently, and it doesnt take much to control, basically does it all by itself, you just gotta have undies on tight enough to keep your cool!
post #8 of 12 Old 01-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

The 08 has the KIMS - Kawi's verision of TC...that was my thinking.

post #9 of 12 Old 01-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

olderguy, how do you like your bazzaz controller and autotune? I was thinkin bout gettin this set up for my zx10 rather than a PC unit. The autotune sounds really nice.
post #10 of 12 Old 01-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholmes View Post
olderguy, how do you like your bazzaz controller and autotune? I was thinkin bout gettin this set up for my zx10 rather than a PC unit. The autotune sounds really nice.
I like it...but it isn't perfect yet...my bike still has a lag between closed throttle and open throttle....I have tried several settings....using the laptop connected to the bike....can get it better and not close to the '04 I had...but that's probably more of a factor due to the can and mid pipe I have....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in