Bazar QS problems - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-09-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Bazzaz QS problems

Here is the problem I am currently experiencing with the 09 zx10r.

It doesn't matter what gear I am in. The bike seems to want to shift, without me touching the shift lever at all. I have changed all sort of settings with the bazzaz, I made sure the cables were not too tight or too loose. I have had this problem before, so I turned in the old unit to bazzaz and they accepted that there was a problem with their firmware. But still having problems with the replacement one. What else could it be? Is it the bikes battery?

I have also turned down the sensitivity and turned it all the way up. It doesn't happen when I have it all the way down, but obviously I don't have QS anymore.

I am running out of ideas.

Last edited by Watcanbrowndo; 05-09-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-09-2015, 09:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Had a similar issue with the Healtech quickshifter and the issue was where the sensor was mounted. My issue was at high rpms, the vibration was triggering a shift but I wasn't touching the lever.

Do you have stock rearsets? Is there a torque setting that they specify? If not, it may be that your linkage is loose enough to move around and trigger ignition cut even tho you aren't touching the lever. Try putting the bike on a rear stand in gear and jiggle the shift lever gently. If that causes an ignition cut, thats your problem.

Other than that, I got nothing.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-12-2015, 04:55 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to caboose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcanbrowndo View Post
Here is the problem I am currently experiencing with the 09 zx10r.

It doesn't matter what gear I am in. The bike seems to want to shift, without me touching the shift lever at all. I have changed all sort of settings with the bazzaz, I made sure the cables were not too tight or too loose. I have had this problem before, so I turned in the old unit to bazzaz and they accepted that there was a problem with their firmware. But still having problems with the replacement one. What else could it be? Is it the bikes battery?

I have also turned down the sensitivity and turned it all the way up. It doesn't happen when I have it all the way down, but obviously I don't have QS anymore.

I am running out of ideas.
I had 6 DNFs racing last year because of a faulty Bazzaz QS switch.

I spent $90 to overnight ship the main control box back to Bazzaz so they could check it. They couldn't find a problem but sent me a new control box and that did not fix the problem.

Then I sent them the QS switch, they tested it and couldn't see anything wrong with it, did a "reset" and returned it to me. Did not fix the problem. I sent the QS switch bag again, they sent me a new one, and it worked fine.

I spent about $200 shipping shit back to them and had 6 DNFs because of it, basically wrecked an entire season for me. It was the QS switch (in the shift linkage) that was the problem. Their troubleshooting method is to "guess and check".

If you have a map selector switch you can create two identical maps except one has all QS cut times set to zero. This will essentially make the bike ignore any ghost signals it gets from the QS switch. If you're having issues you can switch to the zero cut map. I wish someone at Bazzaz had suggested that to me, I could have at least finished those races without a QS.... I came up with that idea on my own. This will also help you identify the problem, if this solution makes the bike run normally you'll know you are having problems with your QS switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in