Bad water pump & USB Problems - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-26-2004, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Bad water pump & USB Problems

I posted a few days ago about low coolant. From the responses, I figured it was just air in the radiator, so I opened it letting air escape and refilled the resevoir. This morning, I was working down near the water pump and low and behold, radiator fluid! I wiped around the outside edge of the pump and more fluid. Took it into the shop this afternoon and they ordered a new one. They said that the entire unit gets replaced. No O rings or gaskets. Additionally to this, I had the chance to finally run with the Power Commander USB on. I loaded the map, adjusted the throttle position per instructions. On the way home the bike started to act like it was missing once in a while and was cutting out. I accelerated hard and it missed bad, twice. Felt like it lost power then would kick back on. When it acting like it as missing, I was only cruising about 35 around a few corners. The bike had never done this before and has fresh 92 octane gas.
So, if your one of the ZX10r owners who have had low coolant, check around the water pump. If anyone has any suggestions about the Power Commander, Im open to some help before I remove it and chuck it in the trash!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-26-2004, 06:08 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

In the past couple of years i've read numerous postings and complaints such as yours and for the largest part the PC's were the culprit. Some people simply unplugged them to verify it was indeed the PC and had it replaced and others simply didn't get a solid connection when they installed it.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-26-2004, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I just went out and checked all of the connections after pulling the gas tank and air box again. Everything was tight. Ran the sam. Bad PC. I pulled everything AGAIN and removed the PC. Oh well.....first experience I've had with a bad PC. Worked perfect without flaw on my CBR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-26-2004, 07:07 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I suspect the retailer you purchased it from can handle a replacement for no charge as the unit is or may be defective.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-26-2004, 11:56 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to gladding24
NW, try and get the retailer to send you a replacement because the unit's defective. If you have to send it back to the Mfg. it's going to be a while before you get a replacement(couple weeks) I guess Dyno Jet takes the old one back, 'tests' it and either repairs or replaces the unit at thier discretion, but it takes them some time to do this. Just an FYI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in