Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Bad news !!!!!!!!

3K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  JLG0987 
#1 · (Edited)
#11 ·
I can care less about dyno numbers cause the real numbers are the ones at the track! I didnt want to say this but my friend was at the track (ROAD RACING) this last weekend and they were testing the new Zx10r 2011 and it went one second faster than the superbike yamaha R1 this was done on a stock bike with race tires only!! I also heard it's gonna be easy to by pass the restrictions.

#13 ·
Agreed!

Lets say the HP is only marginally higher than the GEN III. The GEN IV in stock trim is 22lbs lighter than the gen III and 15 lbs lighter than the BMW and add the fact that it handles better than the GEN III a bike that won a few track shootouts and you have a winner.

HONDA CBR kicks butt with less HP because of handling.

GEN IV is a zx/cbr:eek:ccasion1

#14 ·
My 1st-gen ZX10R did 142 hp bone stock on a dyno that's calibrated to be as close as could be achieved to the Parts Canada Superbike dyno - an "honest" number as opposed to an "inflated" number.

The number doesn't matter unless you compare to something else measured on the same dyno under the same conditions. Suppose that 164 hp was measured on the same dyno where mine was done. That's a healthy increase.

I ain't concerned about it.

#16 ·
It still rocks! :rockwoot: I bet a romp down any given track on - lets say - a euro spec one and the old butt dyno will tell a different tale! Not too concerned about by-passing restrictions at the moment - I just want a chance to dry hump one - and soon! :leghump:

#17 ·
dont care,

if its a winner on the track with less HP so be it, the fanboys can keep their dynoqueen

#20 ·
I happen to have a Ti Arrow exhaust system and like it very much. However, the '11 10R is a comletely different bike and maybe Arrow just missed the boat on how to make their exhaust work. Cuz as far as I know, the Leo Vince system has been with the 4th Gen since day 1 and so far it make the most power from all the articles I've read and videos I've seen. For this bike Leo Vince looks like the best choice... so far. :mrgreen: The Pat Clark Motorsports team claims 170 base and 188 w/ kit ecu and full LV system. Look the video up on RoadracingWorld.com. Good stuff.

#21 ·
Most of the so called gen 4 buyers are not gonna use it anyways so who cares if you loose 10 or so hp..To me its coffee shop talk as to who has more hp....I dont know what my gen 3 does and really dont care...I had my gen 2 done and was happy with it..My g3 has a lil more of the good stuff but im slowly learning more on rideing it harder than bullshittin at the local coffee shop..Im sure the g4 is gonna ride better but seems alot of you boys in the usa like to add swing arm and chrome,not alot of you ride it as it was intended for..Any and all zx10's were ment to go fast and hang low not be parked and wheelied,stoppied and so on....Power to ya on what you all do with your bikes and hope ya all are happy but ME,i wanna hang off mine and feel the g forces acting..It gives me a boner!!..

#23 ·
most of the so called gen 4 buyers are not gonna use it anyways so who cares if you loose 10 or so hp..to me its coffee shop talk as to who has more hp....i dont know what my gen 3 does and really dont care...i had my gen 2 done and was happy with it..my g3 has a lil more of the good stuff but im slowly learning more on rideing it harder than bullshittin at the local coffee shop..im sure the g4 is gonna ride better but seems alot of you boys in the usa like to add swing arm and chrome,not alot of you ride it as it was intended for..any and all zx10's were ment to go fast and hang low not be parked and wheelied,stoppied and so on....power to ya on what you all do with your bikes and hope ya all are happy but me,i wanna hang off mine and feel the g forces acting..it gives me a boner!!..
:+1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.