Back, Shoulder and Elbow Relief - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-10-2006, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Back, Shoulder and Elbow Relief

I sold my '04 the other day and immediately invested the proceeds into a new '06. Sweet ride...black with full Akrapovic, H.I.D. lighting, smoke screen, Kevlar brake lines, pad upgrade, etc. I am delighted with the new bike, especially the mid range power and shifting performance compared to the '04.

I do have one gripe though... The reach seems a bit farther to the bars than my '04. I looked at it in more detail and I think I now know the reason. The mounting bracket for the steering dampener forces the right clip-on to be approx. 7/16 in. from the underside of the top triple clamp. The left clip-on has a boss cast into the triple clamp to equal the distance of the right side.

My question is this: Do you think I could grind away the tang on the clip-on castings that mount on the steering dampener bracket (rt. side) and boss (left side), and slide the clip ons up flush with the bottom of the triple clamp? I realize I will need to mark their position on the triple clamp as the clip-ons will only be retained with the the one large allen bolt. Is ths bolt enought to keep the bars tight on the fork tube? Again, I'm assuming I'll be able to reference the proper location of the bars with marks on the triple clamp and bars. I think this should work as I don't think race bikes have another bolt going into the underside of the triple clamp.

I feel if I had just this 7/16th back my shoulders and arms, particualrly elbows will be much happier! I don't want to go the route of adjustable clip-ons, etc. as I don't want to spend the money and I'm not crazy about the looks of that set up.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

2 Words: Tiger Balm
post #3 of 3 Old 09-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I am not sure about the factory clipons, but I did grind my dampner mount so my kyle racing clipons slid up flush with the triple clamp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in