Autotune and power commader 5 PCV WORKS on 06-07 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 04-21-2011, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Autotune and power commader 5 PCV WORKS on 06-07

Posting just to confirm for all of the curious 06-07 users. THIS DOES WORK. The install directions are the EXACT same as the 08-10 directions. o2 Sensor installed in the 2 factory spots before the cats.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: THE DYNOJET AUTOTUNE PCV SETUP WILL ONLY TUNE TO MAX LEAN OF 15:1 SETTINGS ON THE AFR CELLS. I will be contacting Dynojet to see if we can change this somehow.

UPDATE AGAIN: After speaking with a "tech" there at dynojet he was somewhat lost on the actual software limitations as far as AFR table settings go. He basically said the leanest they would even recommend would be 14:1 lol. So needless to say.. clueless. Gentleman were definitely stuck at 15:1 for max lean autotune setting. Any leaner and youll be tuning it out by yourself with a gauge. UPDATE on this info POST #29

15:1 would be pretty damn good for the average end user anyway so whoever buys the pcv and autotune is still going to be pretty happy with the end results.

The new firmware update actually converted my PC3 usb map to the new format of PCV. I didnt have to add a column to the table or anything. The bike runs great and the autotune has been working as well with the switch I installed (my own switch). Ill begin the real tuning and tweaking as soon as this Ohio rain stops.

Questions? Comments? Dont forget my Throttle Body Sync thread, good idea to do this before starting a tune!
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101868

These are just SIMPLE PICS, the install was just a plug in, if anyone needs other pics just ask!!!! I will be putting up a small video as well showing the trim adjustments that the autotune makes after a few rides. (there are youtube vids on it now as well but hey, mine will be better with this thread right :D )

Its very small.. It fits right there and is zip tied down by the battery and doesnt move. The 2 wires close together are for autotune ON and OFF. Its literally a SIMPLE "open/close" switch, very easy to install. Just a small radio shack flip switch is all you need, you DO NOT NEED the expensive dynojet switch

Another view of how it looks under the seat, plenty of space

Stock sensor location. I had a guy weld that, not me hah, he said the back half was challenging to weld!

This is what it looks like far back.. it fits perfect.. an o2 sensor was meant to be from the start so its the best place to install it.

Last edited by biglipps66; 05-25-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 04-22-2011, 01:06 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

in all reality the PCV can work for all generations with reverse engineering of the wires.....just a matter of doing some research....I have a 07-08 PC3 on my 04

Thats an awesome find though.....might help some people with their setups and costly trips to the dyno that might be too far away.

Last edited by badassjake; 04-22-2011 at 01:08 AM. Reason: correction
post #3 of 36 Old 04-22-2011, 02:08 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglipps66 View Post
Posting just to confirm for all of the curious 06-07 users. THIS DOES WORK. The install directions are the EXACT same as the 08-10 directions. o2 Sensor installed in the 2 factory spots before the cats.

The new firmware update actually converted my PC3 usb map to the new format of PCV. I didnt have to add a column to the table or anything. The bike runs great and the autotune has been working as well with the switch I installed (my own switch). Ill begin the real tuning and tweaking as soon as this Ohio rain stops.

Questions? Comments?
I'm very interested. I currently run a PC3 on my 07. Could you please post a link where I could download the firmware upgrade patch?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 04-22-2011, 02:14 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Subscribed!
post #5 of 36 Old 04-22-2011, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassjake View Post
in all reality the PCV can work for all generations with reverse engineering of the wires.....just a matter of doing some research....I have a 07-08 PC3 on my 04

Thats an awesome find though.....might help some people with their setups and costly trips to the dyno that might be too far away.
Indeed it will for sure. It looks like some people have been using their autotune and then selling it off afterwards. Not a bad idea but you could still spend the 200-300 from the start and just get the dynotune, so Ill be keeping mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawa Sake View Post
I'm very interested. I currently run a PC3 on my 07. Could you please post a link where I could download the firmware upgrade patch?
Thanks!

The link is on the dynojet website. You download the newest PCV programming software and the firmware updates are in the same area. My newly shipped (even from many weeks of back order) PCV was still 1 firmware version behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racejunkie05 View Post
Subscribed!
Ill go ahead and throw up a simple wiring diagram later for anyone looking to install it on their 06-07. Ill be posting the results I get soon too, OHIO RAIN GRRRRRRR :headshake
post #6 of 36 Old 04-22-2011, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

*space saved for pic updates*
post #7 of 36 Old 04-22-2011, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

*and 1 last spot for pics later*
post #8 of 36 Old 04-22-2011, 09:10 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

good work!
post #9 of 36 Old 04-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks bud, rep sent
post #10 of 36 Old 04-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Chris79
subscribed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in