Arata full system vs. Stock headders and Akropovic slip on. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-25-2005, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Arata full system vs. Stock headders and Akropovic slip on.

FWIW, I just installed my new to me Arata full system to replace my stock headders with an Akro. Ti slip on. I weighed eachg system on my postal scale and surprisingly the full Ti Arata was only 1 pound lighter than the stock headders, Ti Akro slip on (SS mid pipe), and the butterfly cables. I havent ridden the bike yet but the Arata does sound MUCH meaner than my previous set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 01:29 AM

Posting Frequency

So you're running the Akra muffler on the Arata headers? Is that right? btw, I've never wanted to nail a cartoon character before, but hey, I'm game to try it once. Haha Nice avatar.

btw, how much did the system you had weigh? Coz the whole Arata system , inc muffler is supposed to weigh 10lbs.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 01:35 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
So you're running the Akra muffler on the Arata headers? Is that right?
:headshake
He replaced the OEM head pipes & Akra slip and installed a full Arata system.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 01:39 AM

Posting Frequency

I can't see the stock headers WITH a stainless lead pipe etc weighing anything near 10lbs then. I may be wrong
post #5 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 02:07 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
So you're running the Akra muffler on the Arata headers? Is that right? btw, I've never wanted to nail a cartoon character before, but hey, I'm game to try it once. Haha Nice avatar.

btw, how much did the system you had weigh? Coz the whole Arata system , inc muffler is supposed to weigh 10lbs.

The Arata weighs only 3-4lbs lighter than the Stock system which by the way has a stock titanium header. afm223 already had a aftermarket muffler(which probably lost another 2lbs), so when he weighed the Arata from what he had already, he only came up with 1lb difference. Make sense
post #6 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 06:28 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I can't see the stock headers WITH a stainless lead pipe etc weighing anything near 10lbs then. I may be wrong
Are you reading the same thread we are?
post #7 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 10:48 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I didn't weigh it but I know my sato racing ti slip-on was substantially lighter then the stock can. I don't see anyone saving a whole lot of weight on the header pipes though since they are already ti.

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #8 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I weighed my Akra slip vs the OEM can and the weight reduction was 3lbs so the Sato slip is probably the same.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 11:14 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
I weighed my Akra slip vs the OEM can and the weight reduction was 3lbs so the Sato slip is probably the same.

BD
yep I'd say thats about what my brain scale was telling me too...I was kinda surprised really.
on a side note the stock exhaust on a busa weighs 33lbs. and a full ti system for that same bike weighs about 10. now thats some weight savings!! The heaviest exhaust I've ever dealt with had to have come off of a V-max. I'd guess the mufflers and the collector alone weigh 60 lbs.. when I pulled it off of my bike I had to tug real hard and when it finally did come off it chipped the concrete below as it fell to the ground

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #10 of 11 Old 07-26-2005, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
The Arata weighed 10 lbs. and the Stock headders with the Akro slip on weighed 11 lbs. FWIW the Arata can was noticably more heavy than the Akro. I didn't weigh them so I can't tell you by how much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in