Anyone Have "Real" Experience with the Dynatek M+ FI Controller?...Seriously! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-16-2009, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Anyone Have "Real" Experience with the Dynatek M+ FI Controller?...Seriously!

I'm not looking for responses like "the Dynatek controller sucks, PCIII is way better...end of story." I'm fully aware of the differences between the two, as well as their differing methods of tuning and limitations. I don't have a laptop and can't take time off of work to have the bike dyno tuned...possibly multiple times. I already went through that with my last bike. I only have a slip on and TRE(switcheable), and don't have any plans for a full exhaust. I'm looking to smooth out the stock tune, and hopefully get the AFR "closer" to where it should be. I've seen many deals where the M+ tuner is thrown in with a full exhaust, so there has to be people with M+ tuning experience out there. I have done many searches and come up with only VERY limited stuff.

My main question is...Is the M+ controller capable of tuning my bike to a better state of tune, than my bike is now(untuned)? Also, would it be easy with the M+ controller to lean the bike up a little bit for higher elevations, once it is "tuned." If somone has actually used one of these(especially in conjunction with a tre), any input would be very helpful. Thanks.

Last edited by OHFOUR10; 03-16-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-17-2009, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I can't believe that thousands of people have this tuner, but not one of them is on this site lol! Hmmmm...this tuner is tough to find out about. TTT
post #3 of 11 Old 03-18-2009, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I'm hoping if I can keep this thread around long enough, someday one of the three people that actually owns one of these things will chime in lol! Either that, or I will buy one and can post up my findings....TTT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-21-2009, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

....crosses fingers, and sends to top!
post #5 of 11 Old 03-25-2009, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

TTT
post #6 of 11 Old 03-25-2009, 04:43 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

This thread is funny! Seriously i hope you understand why your not getting any response.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-25-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
This thread is funny! Seriously i hope you understand why your not getting any response.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure I know why lol!

I went ahead and ordered it from a local dealer, through LP. They "dicked" around so much, that I finally called today to cancel my order and go with a PCIII instead. Just found out a few minutes ago that it finally went out and will be here tomorrow doh!

Oh well, I'm going to see how well I can do with this thing and report back. Atleast this way, if anyone has questions about this mysterious tuner, I can be the resident tech and answer their questions lol! Either that, or I'll be able to confirm all the negative allegations about this stupid thing.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-28-2009, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Installed the controller this evening(piece 0f cake), and took the bike for a short ride because it was already 9pm. I don't have alot to report as of yet because of my limited time on the bike tonight. What I can say is that the slip on map I used seemed to work great. Seems to run alot better and smoother than stock. It pulls hard and the power comes on lower in the powerband, even though I disconnected the butterfly valve(as I've done many times in the past) at the same time. I can't wait to really test it out tomorrow and try some different things, but so far this thing is great. As of yet, I can't figure out why people who have never used this thing before, give it such a bad rap!:headshake
post #9 of 11 Old 03-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I have one. It was "free" with the purchase of my Akras. I don't have a single complaint about it yet either. I turned my on to the slip on setting and like you all i can say is everything is very smooth and the power kicks in a lil earlier in the RPMs and seems to hold a very constant pull thoughout. I do not have the ability to get to a dyno unless I go far far away bc i live in the middle of nowhere so I don't know any real numbers. The only real number I will know is when I get back to the track this spring.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-28-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by elninja_10r View Post
I have one. It was "free" with the purchase of my Akras. I don't have a single complaint about it yet either. I turned my on to the slip on setting and like you all i can say is everything is very smooth and the power kicks in a lil earlier in the RPMs and seems to hold a very constant pull thoughout. I do not have the ability to get to a dyno unless I go far far away bc i live in the middle of nowhere so I don't know any real numbers. The only real number I will know is when I get back to the track this spring.

It's good to know I'm not the only one that has had success with this thing! Glad to hear you've had a similar experience as me. I had a great ride today, screwed around a little bit with the settings and came to the conclusion that it's well worth the money and much easier to use than a PCIII. The power comes on sooner than stock, stays smoother, throttle transitions are easier in the corners and the bike pulls hard.

Elninja, if you have anything else to add after spending more time with it or going on a couple track days, you should post back up...I'd love to hear the feedback. I'm interested in hearing all the feedback I can about the dynatek, since there is little to no info about it on these forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in