Anyone figure out M4 exhaust dilemma?! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 Old 08-02-2008, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Anyone figure out M4 exhaust dilemma?!

I love the look of the M4 GP can but like a lot of fellow members, it just doesnt look right w/o the lower fairing piece. I know there has been discussion about it but has anyone figured out how to fabricate the OEM fairing piece back on? Is it possible to put the OEM part back on? From the pics I see, it doesnt look like it would fit. Anyone get a custom lower fairing piece?

Custom FE/CA taillight/TechSpec/Driven D-Axis gas cap/Cox Racing/Champs frame-fork-swingarm sliders/Puig ZRacing/Titax/Woodcraft-Attack case covers/SME rear axle block sliders/Misc carbon fiber/ZG Latigo/HID's/M4 Street Slayer/BMC/XTre/EK 520 MVXZ/+4 Drive Sys/SpeedoHealer/HEL 'Stealth'-Motul RBF600-Galfer pads/KyleRacing damper/Rifleman's/Ivans b/o plates/Q3's/Motul 300v/Engine Ice/Shorai
http://www.maresohana.com/ktrsd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 Old 08-02-2008, 08:30 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Right now there doesn't seem to be any fix to the problem that you bring up. But hopefully sometime soon the manufactures will give us what everyone already wanted; a pipe with great power, that sounds great and looks as good as it possibly could.

That's not too much to ask imo.
post #3 of 66 Old 08-02-2008, 08:57 AM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Just get a race 1 piece lower, several companies, i.e hotbodies, attack, etc. make them, and you could spray it semi flat black and it would look great, I am suprised no one has taken my advice on this, i hve brought it up several times.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 Old 08-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hello,

Newbie here...........

Anymore info on what slipon allows the lower shield to remain and fits well would be great. I have read that the Akrapovic slip doesn't fit well and requires a separate optional extension pipe that is hard to come by....

I'm not into full system, but it appears the Racing/Evolution Akra's include this extension piece.....
post #5 of 66 Old 08-02-2008, 11:52 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnapper View Post
Hello,

Newbie here...........

Anymore info on what slipon allows the lower shield to remain and fits well would be great. I have read that the Akrapovic slip doesn't fit well and requires a separate optional extension pipe that is hard to come by....

I'm not into full system, but it appears the Racing/Evolution Akra's include this extension piece.....
The dilema here is in whether or not you want to retain the boom box.

Several slip ons retain the boom box, and thus the heat shield, others do not.

Akra is the ONLY slip on I know of that removes the boom box and retains the heat shield if you get the link pipe.

Otherwise its Akra slip on without link pipe and keep the boom box.

Akra is the only full system I know of that keeps the heat shield.

But to be honest, with the AREA P slip on, I liked the look of the heat shield gone.

JJ
post #6 of 66 Old 08-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Sh5rw9nd
I went to the Yoshi site and see that it retains the lower fairing.

Modifications To My Ride So Far:

Clear Alternative Smoked Intergrated Tailight, Powerbronze Rear Hugger & Fender Eliminator, Champs Frame Sliders & Fork Sliders, Cox Racing Radiator Guard, Stomp Grips Tank Pads, HealTech X-TRE & Speedohealer, BMC Race Air Filter, Puig DB Windscreen, ZX6R Rear Cowl, HID Headlights, Racefit Growler Slip-on, -1 on the front, CRG Levers, Dynojet PC3 & LCD Unit w/Techmount, Secondary Plates Removed, Servo Buddy......and still lookin!
post #7 of 66 Old 08-02-2008, 01:18 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
Just get a race 1 piece lower, several companies, i.e hotbodies, attack, etc. make them, and you could spray it semi flat black and it would look great, I am suprised no one has taken my advice on this, i hve brought it up several times.
I agree with 9R to 10R

Bmc filter, Hels Braided Brake lines, Nissin ZX14 Calipers, Brembo, RCS19 M/C, Ohlins damper,Fender Eliminator, Puig screen, Smoke Integrated taillight, Green front indicator lens's, Mirror block plates, Gauge Mod, Vortex rear sets, Personalized # Plate, Pazzo levers, 1/5th Throttle insert, H.I.D Headlights 5000k, Seat cowl, Gen 3 Swingarm, Titanium exhaust hanger , Racefit Growler ,GIpro TRE , Michelin pilot pures, -1 front sprocket, PCIII, SpeedoHealer v4, Factory Pro V Stacks
post #8 of 66 Old 08-02-2008, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
I wasnt even thinking about that. Sounds like a great idea. Any recommendations? Are all the companies pretty much the same as far as fit/finish? I heard horror stories about the Hotbodies Racing.

Custom FE/CA taillight/TechSpec/Driven D-Axis gas cap/Cox Racing/Champs frame-fork-swingarm sliders/Puig ZRacing/Titax/Woodcraft-Attack case covers/SME rear axle block sliders/Misc carbon fiber/ZG Latigo/HID's/M4 Street Slayer/BMC/XTre/EK 520 MVXZ/+4 Drive Sys/SpeedoHealer/HEL 'Stealth'-Motul RBF600-Galfer pads/KyleRacing damper/Rifleman's/Ivans b/o plates/Q3's/Motul 300v/Engine Ice/Shorai
http://www.maresohana.com/ktrsd
post #9 of 66 Old 08-02-2008, 02:22 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaika View Post
I wasnt even thinking about that. Sounds like a great idea. Any recommendations? Are all the companies pretty much the same as far as fit/finish? I heard horror stories about the Hotbodies Racing.
Only think I could think is some will not match up to stock uppers, but most will, and could be made to if they did not, I have heard hotbodies ain't that hot, but never tried them. Attack is great, yoyodyne, i know makes belly pans that fit the stock body work for 04-07, so i would think a 08 is probably available as well.

OPP has or will have them, in carbon as well as glass, basically just check around and I am sure they are out there.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #10 of 66 Old 08-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Retired post whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
Akra is the ONLY slip on I know of that removes the boom box and retains the heat shield if you get the link pipe.
The Racefit Growler also removes the boom box and retains the heat shield.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmond Burke (1729-1797)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in