Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

To ALL those with K&N or BMC race or street???

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  max-out 
#1 ·
:dontknow:

To those with the K&N air filter KA-1004 - besides the reusability factor, are you happy with the Performance of the K&N....Could you tell a difference in the pull of the engine. I have no idea how many of you guys have these in your bikes. I have read 2 posts that say they felt a difference and I'm not second guessing them - I just want a bit more general concensus before I buy....Any info. is appreciated...

Thanks
Shannon\\\M4 w/ DK map- -1t cs -up almost 10 from stock.hpwr.

OH Yeah - BMC guys - feel free to comment on your filter also - any dyno's are great.

#4 ·
i have a race bmc but its in the box

#6 ·
is it a difference in your head. cuz i know sometimes i add something to my car in the past it didnt help all that much but since its a racing part i thought it did

#9 ·
Went with race BMC on advice from a pro sponsored racer. However at the same time we did the airbox mod and timing advance. Went from 151.3 H.P. to 164.2 on the dyno. Ca'nt say how much if any the filter helped considering I did all that stuff at once. I will say the BMC appears to be of higher quality compared to the K&N.

#11 ·
treyzx10r said:
Went with race BMC on advice from a pro sponsored racer. However at the same time we did the airbox mod and timing advance. Went from 151.3 H.P. to 164.2 on the dyno. Ca'nt say how much if any the filter helped considering I did all that stuff at once. I will say the BMC appears to be of higher quality compared to the K&N.
no slip on or anything? just the airbox mod and the timing advance?

#12 ·
What airbox mod?

#14 ·
gladding24 said:
What airbox mod?

Really simple connect the crankcase breather hose together bypassing the air box. plug the holes on the airbox sealing it up(i used carb nipples turned backwards with a bolt threaded into the back of the nipple to snug it up).Before after market filters were available we would remove 3" of filter material off the center line. Good cheap H.P.! you do have to pull off the oil filler cap to drain the oil during changes because of this mod to get the oil to free flow.

#15 ·
got any pictures?

#17 ·
Fast 1 - no I'm not a chick - -and yes many a girl has been named Shannon - however Shannon is originally a male Irish name - -We are Irish/German- my family that is.

Thanks for the info....- - that airbox mod - -sounds tooo good to be true - - Trey could you really tell a difference or were those #'s fiddled with to make it look more than you really gained...Not bashing - just want to know - cause I'll definitely try it if you can get that much from a filter and air-box mod with a slip-on.

#18 ·
Shannon Sanders said:
Fast 1 - no I'm not a chick - -and yes many a girl has been named Shannon - however Shannon is originally a male Irish name - -We are Irish/German- my family that is.

Thanks for the info....- - that airbox mod - -sounds tooo good to be true - - Trey could you really tell a difference or were those #'s fiddled with to make it look more than you really gained...Not bashing - just want to know - cause I'll definitely try it if you can get that much from a filter and air-box mod with a slip-on.
Yes those are the numbers we got . Chris Williams did the mods he has some real good tweeks. He actually got higher #'s on 2 other zx10r 's . I think mine was 2 H.P. down from the other's, atmospheric conditions maybe?

#21 ·
man too bad your friend doesnt live on the west coast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.