Are all SS brake lines the same? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 09-01-2008, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Are all SS brake lines the same?

I was looking at getting some SS brake lines soon. The local shops here carry Gafler and when I mention other brands like Spiegler, Hel, Goodridge, etc., they say the SS lines are all the same and just go with the Gafler. Im thinking they are trying to sell me just Gafler. Are all the SS lines the same? I dont mind the Gafler but I want all black lines and fittings and the only company I found that has this is the Goodridge "Shadow" line and they look perfect. I noticed JJ had problems w/Goodridge though. My next choice would be Hel, then Spiegler, and Gafler. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Can anyone attest to how the Goodridge "Shadow" line are?

Custom FE/CA taillight/TechSpec/Driven D-Axis gas cap/Cox Racing/Champs frame-fork-swingarm sliders/Puig ZRacing/Titax/Woodcraft-Attack case covers/SME rear axle block sliders/Misc carbon fiber/ZG Latigo/HID's/M4 Street Slayer/BMC/XTre/EK 520 MVXZ/+4 Drive Sys/SpeedoHealer/HEL 'Stealth'-Motul RBF600-Galfer pads/KyleRacing damper/Rifleman's/Ivans b/o plates/Q3's/Motul 300v/Engine Ice/Shorai
http://www.maresohana.com/ktrsd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-01-2008, 06:00 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaika View Post
I was looking at getting some SS brake lines soon. The local shops here carry Gafler and when I mention other brands like Spiegler, Hel, Goodridge, etc., they say the SS lines are all the same and just go with the Gafler. Im thinking they are trying to sell me just Gafler. Are all the SS lines the same? I dont mind the Gafler but I want all black lines and fittings and the only company I found that has this is the Goodridge "Shadow" line and they look perfect. I noticed JJ had problems w/Goodridge though. My next choice would be Hel, then Spiegler, and Gafler. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Can anyone attest to how the Goodridge "Shadow" line are?
The only difference between pre assembled brake line kits (besides materials used) would be the people behind who build them. I really like Galfer in this case. They are very personable and professional. You call them and they will take the time to listen to you and custom build a line. I think if you call them and they have the right color fittings and lines available, they will build the lines you're looking for. I'm not sure, but I don't think that the other companies you mentioned would do that.
post #3 of 19 Old 09-01-2008, 06:05 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Obviously they'll want to sell what they have in their shop but it is true that all ss lines are more or less the same. Of course there are the thinner versions or superbike fittings etc. but that's another story. I don't know about Goodridge lines but I have Galfer lines in black with gold banjos and it's just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i have the goodridge superbike [-2] lines. they are the thiner lines available. excellent quality so far. even came with black plastic to cover the lines. and from what i heard galfer is excellent as far a product and cust service too.
post #5 of 19 Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Gun Owning Republican

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Ervins
I have had Galfers in the past and now FrenTubo...There is a difference such as banjo material and such...One of the motorcycle magazines have comparison of lines...It was the Brit mags that had the comparison by the way.

2006 ZX-10R SOLD, 2005 KX250F, and 2007 YZ85
and a Ton of Guns
I will never own a Honda again.

www.ema-usa.com
Motorcycle Parts and Accessories

Last edited by Ervins; 09-01-2008 at 02:19 PM.
post #6 of 19 Old 09-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

In a nutshell yes they are all very similar but as you mention you want a certain color so if your able to source them from Galfer, Goodrige, etc i'd say you would be satisfied.

BD

post #7 of 19 Old 09-01-2008, 01:37 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I put about 100,000 miles over 7 years on a set of Galfers, if that means anything...

Thou Shalt Respect Thy 10, And Revel In It's Power, For It Is Good, And Plentiful.
post #8 of 19 Old 09-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
I'm rocking some HEL lines and I love them, he can even make any sort of custom line for you that you need....
post #9 of 19 Old 09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Goodrich and Galfer are fine

I have Galfer on my 10r and have had Goodrich on my track bike for years, I have never had a problem with either. My Galfer are the superbike lines, which I was hesitant about due to some bad experiences of other members on here with leaking. But no issues and they look and work amazing.
post #10 of 19 Old 09-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Galfer is very popular..Goodrich is how I roll son. lol really the only diff I know is the warranty goodrich is lifetime galfer is not, holler a lexusrx (the oracle).

ZX10RNYC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in