Gen 3: 2008-2010 Akra evo system installed, few questions re: pcv/autotune - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-03-2011, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Akra evo system installed, few questions re: pcv/autotune

So i just got the full system installed. Gotta admit, it was a huge pita. It would have been a million times easier if my hands were the size of a woman's, but I wear XXL gloves, and it probably took me 10x longer because of this. Oh well, got it done and have a few questions. Hopefully someone can chime in.

Numero uno, after starting the bike after akra install, it was putting off an awful lot of white smoke from the front end of the bike. I know its normal for the residue to burn off, but i thought it would be coming from the muffler? You think its just the wd40 i used to clean the headers burning off? Doesnt look like anything is touching the exhaust, and the cooling system doesnt seem to be damaged.

Numero dos, the instruction state that for my bike I should have o2 sensors attached to the stock headers. My bike does not have any, is this just for the 08 cali model? Lastly, anyone have any advice on how to route the autotune o2 sensors to the rear of the bike? It looks like they have a push-pin type connector installed on the o2 sensor , but I cant find anywhere on my bike to attach it too. Any help to keep the wires routed cleanly would be appreciated.

Also, any other hints/suggestions to help me with the install would be great. I plan on purchasing block off plates, will this turn on my FI light, or is that only if you take out the whole system without the blockoffs?

I know its a long thread, but any help would be very helpful. I promise Ive used the search feature! Thanks

Last edited by czacharyasz; 05-03-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Gen 5 Now!!

Posting Frequency

i wouldnt worry to much about the stuff burning off. just as long as it doesnt continue past ur first ride. should just be some junk burning off. #2 ur correct. not all the 10r have O2 sensors. so if ur bike didnt have them in the stock header disregard the instructions. and lastly not to sure what ur trying to do as far as the O2 sensors. the akra only has the 2 sensor bungs on the downtubes on the header. where were u going to install the O2 sensor on the rear of the bike??
Quote:
Originally Posted by czacharyasz View Post
So i just got the full system installed. Gotta admit, it was a huge pita. It would have been a million times easier if my hands were the size of a woman's, but I wear XXL gloves, and it probably took me 10x longer because of this. Oh well, got it done and have a few questions. Hopefully someone can chime in.

Numero uno, after starting the bike after akra install, it was putting off an awful lot of white smoke from the front end of the bike. I know its normal for the residue to burn off, but i thought it would be coming from the muffler? You think its just the wd40 i used to clean the headers burning off? Doesnt look like anything is touching the exhaust, and the cooling system doesnt seem to be damaged.

Numero dos, the instruction state that for my bike I should have o2 sensors attached to the stock headers. My bike does not have any, is this just for the 08 cali model? Lastly, anyone have any advice on how to route the autotune o2 sensors to the rear of the bike? It looks like they have a push-pin type connector installed on the o2 sensor , but I cant find anywhere on my bike to attach it too. Any help to keep the wires routed cleanly would be appreciated.

Also, any other hints/suggestions to help me with the install would be great. I plan on purchasing block off plates, will this turn on my FI light, or is that only if you take out the whole system without the blockoffs?

I know its a long thread, but any help would be very helpful. I promise Ive used the search feature! Thanks

GEN 5!!!

post #3 of 8 Old 05-04-2011, 12:50 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i had to install/weld my own 02 bung for the o2 sensor....under neither the seat i found a perfect way to place the pcv and auto tune and routh the 02 sesnor line as well....pm me and ill send you pics if you want!

BOOM!!! SHAKE AND BAKE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-04-2011, 05:07 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to tasos
To clear it out:

1) Did your bike have 2x O2 sensors on the stock headers before you removed them?
2) Did you remove the servo mechanism+cables complete from the bike? If yes this is probably the FI light.
3)Do the akra headers have the bungs to bolt on the autotune O2 sensors?
post #5 of 8 Old 05-04-2011, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasos View Post
To clear it out:

1) Did your bike have 2x O2 sensors on the stock headers before you removed them?
2) Did you remove the servo mechanism+cables complete from the bike? If yes this is probably the FI light.
3)Do the akra headers have the bungs to bolt on the autotune O2 sensors?
1. nope, did not have o2 sensors on my stock headers.
2. i removed the cables, but not the servo.
3. the headers do have the bungs for the o2 sensors.

i ordered the smog block plates, just curious if im gonna get the fi light by doing this, or since im actually putting new plates on it and removing the garbage if im bypassing any problems with the FI light.

I havent done it yet, just wondering what to expect. thanks
post #6 of 8 Old 05-05-2011, 01:46 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to tasos
Quote:
i ordered the smog block plates, just curious if im gonna get the fi light by doing this, or since im actually putting new plates on it and removing the garbage if im bypassing any problems with the FI light.

Yes it will be on, just zip tie it somewhere and you're ok.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-05-2011, 03:26 AM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

The stock o2 sensors are on euro models, not sure if its all of them or not and maybe he Cali models.

post #8 of 8 Old 05-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Gen 5 Now!!

Posting Frequency

you might actually need the servo eliminator to get rid of the FI light. i have both smog plates and servo elim. and sometimes the FI light still comes on but only for a little bit. dont know what causes it
Quote:

GEN 5!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in