Aftermarket valve springs? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Aftermarket valve springs?

I've been looking around and cant seem to find more than jut bits and pieces of info so I figured I'd just ask......What's out there as far as aftermarket springs and Ti retainers? With my '08 spending more and more time on the strip I figured springs would be a good insurance policy (especially when/if I make the jump to nitrous). Along with the springs I plan going to the Kawi thin hg and degreeing the stock cams (not sure on #s yet). I also may make the move to E85 with a little more convincing form JLAudio11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 08-11-2010, 09:19 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

If we ever get together you can ride this beast and tell me what you think of E85. I guess once I get the damn pipe figured out.

As for springs, I'm pretty sure you can use the same Carpenter springs that the rest of us can. I'll try to do some research and see what I come up with.
post #3 of 28 Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAudio11 View Post
If we ever get together you can ride this beast and tell me what you think of E85. I guess once I get the damn pipe figured out.
Thats still not sorted out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAudio11 View Post
As for springs, I'm pretty sure you can use the same Carpenter springs that the rest of us can. I'll try to do some research and see what I come up with.
That's the route I will most likely go, but I've heard good and bad about them. The bad was in way older posts so maybe it was just a bad batch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Why fix what ain't broke? You won't be spraying a ton on a stock motor, especially SWB, to justify them.
post #5 of 28 Old 08-11-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

It will only be short for a few more months Patrick. As far as "Why fix what ain't broke?" is anybody having problems with broken retainers on the 3rd gens?
post #6 of 28 Old 08-11-2010, 11:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Not that I'm aware of...
post #7 of 28 Old 08-11-2010, 11:58 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by strkd50 View Post
Thats still not sorted out?

That's the route I will most likely go, but I've heard good and bad about them. The bad was in way older posts so maybe it was just a bad batch.
The pipe is on, just lost hp on the dyno and mph at the track with it. Tryin to get that back.

As for the Carpenter springs and retainers the only down fall I've heard of is their added weight, which will theorectically rob some hp.

Maybe your stock is fine and will be a nice alternative to Ti for the rest of us.
post #8 of 28 Old 08-12-2010, 12:00 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Spend a couple more bucks and get KibbleWhite's Alot better spring and retainer combination and they are easier on the valves. PM me if you have any questions
post #9 of 28 Old 08-12-2010, 12:30 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline659 View Post
Spend a couple more bucks and get KibbleWhite's Alot better spring and retainer combination and they are easier on the valves. PM me if you have any questions
What kind of dough are we talking about for these? I'm about to break into the head for some repairs and considering upgrading while I'm at it with upgraded springs, retainers and 08 Race cam.
post #10 of 28 Old 08-12-2010, 08:58 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I forget what mine were. Give Dwayne at Cycle Concepts a call. He got me mine and I have referred a couple other members here to him. I think they were around 4 something if I can remember correctly.

Here is Dwayne's # 803-285-8093 He is great guy give him a call even if you just want to bounce some ?'s off him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in