Aftermarket Headers - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-02-2010, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Aftermarket Headers

I bought my bike at the beginning of June. It has a Hindle pipe on it, but now I'm not so sure that it's just a slip-on. I've been having a slight problem with my bike so I started looking into it. I now know that I have a K&N filter, and the header looks to be aftermarket also. Is there any way to tell if it is in fact a stocker or aftermarket? Also I didn't see a PC on there anywhere. So another question I have if it is in fact a full system with a K&N and there is no PC will that cause problems? What about a slip-on with K&N? I just got my 10 and I want to take care of it as best I can. A little help will be greatly appreciated.

"The OX"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Well, given that you have a Titanium bike, and that was 2005 only, I'm going to guess that it is a 2005 model that we are talking about here.

Take a look at the exhaust system in the vicinity of just below the right footpeg. Is there what appears to be a little cable-actuated gizmo (butterfly valve) at roughly that location? The bump in the casting (or whatever it is) for the butterfly to pivot in, is quite prominent at that location as it faces directly outward. If so, that's a stock header. The aftermarket headers don't have that.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #3 of 5 Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

It does have that valve. I didn't know if there were any aftermaket systems that retained that valve.

"The OX"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-02-2010, 07:12 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

a free flowing exhaust w/o a tune can cause it to run lean. I had a busa, insalled a tsukigi , it was running lean till i had a bazzaz and tune.
another busa, had a yoshi with a pc3. the pc3 took a crap on me, bike ran the same.
hindle flows great, that's why a lotta drag racers use them
post #5 of 5 Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

ex. valve

u have a slip on, no full system has the ex. butterfly nvalve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in