Aftermarket brake pads with stock rotor - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-05-2007, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Question Aftermarket brake pads with stock rotor

In my quest to improve the braking after getting SS line and changing the brake fluid for RBF600 I improved the hydrolic force to the pads and got better braking but the nice brake bite and feel I used to have on my ZZR1200 is still not there.

I don't have any experience with aftermarket pads... I've read a lot about EBC HH sintered pads or Vesrah RJL... but before I put does on I have a few questions for those of you who used them with stock rotor.

Do these pads wear the rotor faster then with stock brake pads? Or do they heat them up to high?

Do they work well in normal street condition i.e mild street braking? I'm sure they work well on track days...but I still want brake when off the track or not doing aggresive street riding.

What about rain condition do they work well when wet?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-05-2007, 10:24 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmanblues View Post
In my quest to improve the braking after getting SS line and changing the brake fluid for RBF600 I improved the hydrolic force to the pads and got better braking but the nice brake bite and feel I used to have on my ZZR1200 is still not there.

I don't have any experience with aftermarket pads... I've read a lot about EBC HH sintered pads or Vesrah RJL... but before I put does on I have a few questions for those of you who used them with stock rotor.

Do these pads wear the rotor faster then with stock brake pads? Or do they heat them up to high?

Do they work well in normal street condition i.e mild street braking? I'm sure they work well on track days...but I still want brake when off the track or not doing aggresive street riding.

What about rain condition do they work well when wet?

Thanks for your help
I installed RJL's and used them for both street & track with success but didn't keep the pumkin long enough to say about rotor wear and i don't care for inclement weather so rain riding is out for me.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to SalKhan Send a message via Yahoo to SalKhan
Carbone Lorraine makes an excellent street pad as well.

Sal Khan

http://www.thelunchjournals.com - Updated 3/8/08!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
I installed RJL's and used them for both street & track with success but didn't keep the pumkin long enough to say about rotor wear and i don't care for inclement weather so rain riding is out for me.

BD
Like DB says the RJL'S are excellent pads for both street and track.I have been caught out in the rain and they worked just as good.No more wear than stock pads so far.

05 green ZX10R,Akrappovic Evo 2 Carbon w/ hex shorty can full exhaust system,Power Commander USB,Radial front master cylinder(636),Goodridge front and rear carboline brake lines,07 CBR1000RR front brake calipers,Vesrah race front brake pads,Targa tail kit,flush mount front signals,Cabon fiber led rear signals,Ohlins steering dampers,-1 front,Speedo Healer, Pilot Power tires,Gipro Tre and gold Sato's rearsets.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-06-2007, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks for the input guys!

post #6 of 6 Old 08-06-2007, 09:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I put aftermarket HH pads on my stock rotors and they ended up getting groved :(

0510R PCIII dyno tuned 520 X -1+2 sprockets. slip on and a few other Knick Knacks filter plugs emissions dyno tune. And 20,000 miles of learning on this one anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in