Adjustable ECU vs. Powercomander? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-15-2007, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Adjustable ECU vs. Powercomander?

I'm thinking about the adjustable ECU from Kawasaki and doin cams at the same time. Is this going to be worth the few hundred more dollars than the Powercomander instead? I would really like to clear up the dead spot between idle and 5000 RPM and would like your opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-15-2007, 09:30 PM

Posting Frequency

Well, the ECU from Kawi will allow more adjustment. The problem people run into is that it is almost triple the cost of a PC3 once you buy the ECU, harness, and all the cables that you need to actually tune the ECU. Add to that the level of difficulty that the Kawi software adds and the lack of people who actually know how to use it, and it becomes a cool thing to have...but it usually won't pull as much power as a PC3 and a ignition box.
post #3 of 14 Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadak13 View Post
I'm thinking about the adjustable ECU from Kawasaki and doin cams at the same time. Is this going to be worth the few hundred more dollars than the Powercomander instead? I would really like to clear up the dead spot between idle and 5000 RPM and would like your opinions.
That dead spot might get cleared up by a simple 1/5 throttle conversion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 05-15-2007, 09:50 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Shit mine pulled 4-5 more horsepower everywhere throughout the entire powerband than the pc3usb & ignition module on my 06 ZX-10R.....my powerband is sooooo smooth and broad than the powercommander which has dips and curves...Plus my torque curve is smooth and linear as well !!!Kawi Ecu all the way "bro" and plus you can take away or add ignition timing from the motorcycle aslo.
post #5 of 14 Old 05-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Work with your budget.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

2006 ZX10R (Black)
post #6 of 14 Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawtipping View Post
Well, the ECU from Kawi will allow more adjustment. The problem people run into is that it is almost triple the cost of a PC3 once you buy the ECU, harness, and all the cables that you need to actually tune the ECU. Add to that the level of difficulty that the Kawi software adds and the lack of people who actually know how to use it, and it becomes a cool thing to have...but it usually won't pull as much power as a PC3 and a ignition box.
When you talk about cables and harness, Do I need a new wiring harness too? And What cables are you refering too? My dealer will sell me the ECU for 600. What else is needed?
post #7 of 14 Old 05-16-2007, 08:02 AM

Posting Frequency

Ok, here is a reply to two different posts on this thread.

A PC3 USB IS a Power Commander (PC= Power Commander and 3 is the current version)

As for the ECU from Kawi, here is a link to there catalog and the ECU http://kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.asp...intCatalogID=1
You will see that you must buy the ECU, adapter for your computer (to tune it) and a main harness adapter. And like I mentioned earlier, most people will not understand the Kawi system when it comes to tuning. It is not like the PC3 at all. Plus you can do everything with a PC3 and ignition module that you can do with the Kawi ECU set up....and for around $2-300 less!!
post #8 of 14 Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

If you want the PCIIIusb and ignition module together for the 06/07 model i have both of them for sale for $450.00 !!! P.M. me if your interested in them...
post #9 of 14 Old 05-16-2007, 01:52 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

ECU all the way, just make sure it does not bypass your cooling fan!
post #10 of 14 Old 05-16-2007, 05:05 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i seen on a post before someone got both the ECU and PCIII it was on a zx6r but i assumed he brought the ECU first couldnt map it so add a PCIII to map his fuel, but he posted his dyno graph and it was the smoothest graph i ever seen!!.......i was thinking bout it cause i hear so many stories bout these tre's and things and the ECU comes wit a 0 map but it also eliminates emission, timing retards, speed limits and any other restrictions and since it plugs in stock harness you can add PCIII that can be mapped at almost all local perfromance shops and PCIII cost less then adapter for ECU kit that no one knows how to map?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in