8 injectors on a gen1?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-16-2012, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

8 injectors on a gen1??

if i were to setup a pcv on my gen one then say modify my airbox to accept the upper injectors from either a gen 3 or 636 and run the proper fuel lines.How could i go about getting a signal to them? (i have an idea just want youz guyz to help me think outside the box lol) also could i use that fuel controller from dyno jet so i can tune them as well??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Power Commanders and every other similar device, are only capable of modifying a stock injector signal that already exists. They cannot create that signal in the first place.

I suppose the theoretical possibility exists, that you could retrofit the later model ECU and wiring harness. I have no idea how feasible that is. A lot of other, really expensive stuff is different along with the ECU and harness.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #3 of 9 Old 07-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
Been there, done that lol....

We dont have to much room under the tank to add injectors.

What you would have to do is piggy back the signal from the lower injectors stock signal and wire them into an upper set of injectors....

Then you would have to take a PC3/V and control those uppers so that your not dumping twice the amount of fuel into the bike.

I've tried it before and got the bike to run.. I actually wound up running the bike on a stock fuel rail cut into a spare airbox above the velocity stacks and the bike ran fine but I never did any dyno testing.

What are y ou trying to achieve ???

I think you might be better off investing in a walbro 255 and regulator and run E85 if your looking for some extra ponies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-16-2012, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I figured u have garth lol ive been wanting to attempt this ever since I learned the gen 3 come with 8.i was wanting to do this so i can have all the fuel needed for e85 and also a dry shot compunded w e85 .i know i could go bigger injector but i like to tinker and be in complete control of my fueling.ex when to have to uppers come on in relation to lowers etc...i already have the enough fuel for e85(msd 2225 pump,ext adj fpr) but i guess im just trying to squeeze all the ponies out of her .i was figuring tap into existing signal,have another fpr for the uppers since i will probally have to reduce fp since the will be getting signal whn the lowers do,then reduce the amount on the uppers at lower rpm to nill a on the pc and adjust the lowers sine im sure it will be fat even with the uppers fuel table dialed in wayyy down into the negatives,then start playing with the higher rpms so i can get max fuel atomization.....alot of work but i think it can be done lol again i like to tinker
post #5 of 9 Old 07-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
yeah I hear ya man!!!

I just went threw the same exact thing with my turbo busa...

My plenum has 4 additional injectors and I dont have a controller.... So my thought was actually to run all 8 all the time.... but I think the main problem is is that the uppers flow alot more than the lowers on my particular set up.

I piggy backed the lowers to the uppers and tried to tune it and for some reason it just failed horribly no matter the tuning and I wound up loosing a lot of power... this could have been maybe a fouled plug at first but I got it running proper air fuel and it didnt ever make the max power I needed.

So I scrapped the uppers and I'm running my fuel system at 80psi and I'm still running out of injector duty cycle.... as for me I can just get S2000 injectors and they bolt right in... only thing is I wanna run E85 and I think I'd run out of fuel again but not sure yet.

Good luck with the porject if you decide to do it! Air boxes are cheap :-)
post #6 of 9 Old 07-16-2012, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

What can I say great minds think alike lol,I'll probably start messing w an 8 injector setup once I put some good break in miles on her,
Garth u don't think u had a separate fuel pressure for the uppers you could have achieved better results??? I'm going to buy a few air boxes and when the time comes I'll get you guys posted as well.i think I going to use a set of the uppers from a 636 for my project ,break out the Dremel and epoxy !
post #7 of 9 Old 07-17-2012, 01:34 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Balogiannis
If you want to do it,do it properly. Buy 3d gen throttle bodies,airbox,intake boots,ecu and harness.Since a 3d gen engine can bolt on to a 1st gen frame if you change the rubber boots that hold the throttle bodies,the opposite ( fit the electronics from the 08 to the 04) should do to.

This way your only concern is to install them properly onto the bike,after that you can fine tune it without issues.You can even use PC from a 1st gen with the third gen electronics if you already have one...

That's how I would do it,hell I even have a 3d gen and 1st gen in my garage don't make me rip both apart and try it...
post #8 of 9 Old 07-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balogiannis View Post
If you want to do it,do it properly. Buy 3d gen throttle bodies,airbox,intake boots,ecu and harness.Since a 3d gen engine can bolt on to a 1st gen frame if you change the rubber boots that hold the throttle bodies,the opposite ( fit the electronics from the 08 to the 04) should do to.

This way your only concern is to install them properly onto the bike,after that you can fine tune it without issues.You can even use PC from a 1st gen with the third gen electronics if you already have one...

That's how I would do it,hell I even have a 3d gen and 1st gen in my garage don't make me rip both apart and try it...

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-17-2012, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

id still rather try it by setting up a secondary set of injectors and controlling them,not to mention it will be crazy cheap too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in