7,000 miles any service I need to do??? Help Please - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-10-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

7,000 miles any service I need to do??? Help Please

Ok guys

I got my bike at 2,500 miles

got no manual with it, I did oil changes every 2,000 miles or so with synthetic repsol oil and filter

now I have about 7,000 miles, put on new tires and wondering, do I have to get the bike serviced at that mileage
the bike runs fine and starts like it always has

thx guys

Puig Screen, Carbon Scorpion Slipons, Starrotors HID, Champs Sliders, Targa Fender Eliminator, GIPRO/ATRE, Rim Stripe, CRG Shorty Levers, Galfer SS Lines. ZX14 Nissin Calipers, Puig Carbon Rear Fender, Attack Racing Carbon Front Fender, Vortex Mirror Blockoffs, Oberon Barend Mirror, BMC Race Air Filter, Carbon Fiber Heel Guards, Stomp Grip, Speedo Healer, 16t front Sprocket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

you're
post #3 of 10 Old 02-10-2010, 09:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Leave it alone until about 16k when you check the valve clearance. Other than that just keep on doing what you're doing, might want to lube the clutch cable. Your oil change might be a little overkill changing at 2k, 3000 miles should be just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-10-2010, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

thx guys

you guys are the best, will lube the cable, do I just put some grease on the cable right by the lever

Puig Screen, Carbon Scorpion Slipons, Starrotors HID, Champs Sliders, Targa Fender Eliminator, GIPRO/ATRE, Rim Stripe, CRG Shorty Levers, Galfer SS Lines. ZX14 Nissin Calipers, Puig Carbon Rear Fender, Attack Racing Carbon Front Fender, Vortex Mirror Blockoffs, Oberon Barend Mirror, BMC Race Air Filter, Carbon Fiber Heel Guards, Stomp Grip, Speedo Healer, 16t front Sprocket
post #5 of 10 Old 02-10-2010, 10:22 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

i'm dreading my up coming 16,000 mile service up

been hearing its expensive
post #6 of 10 Old 02-10-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

hwo much money are we talking about here guys

post #7 of 10 Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

^^^You could change your plugs but I highly doubt you need to...

I just rolled 8500 on mine and I did a oil change,brake pads, plugs, coolant to wet wetter, filter, tires, brake fluid the works and it was over kill...But I treat my baby good

2000 miles is over kill like said above, think 25-3500 every oil change...16,000 miles I would think hes doing a complete valve adjustment along with everything I said above

post #8 of 10 Old 02-11-2010, 01:05 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx8055NIACxx View Post
will lube the cable, do I just put some grease on the cable right by the lever
Never use grease on your cables. It will only attract more crude and cause more problems.

There are various spray types that do a fair job. You can get a tool that clamps on the cable to keep it from going everywhere.

Never use anything that remains sticky and doesn't dry. Like grease, it will make things worst over time.

A little graphite is all I would ever use around the throttle housing. Can also be used on the cables.

Every year or 2 I remove the cables
(clutch and throttle) and let a 3in1 type oil drip and few drops at a time until it appears out the other end. Remove any excess, let dry completely and reinstall.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-12-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN10R View Post
Never use grease on your cables. It will only attract more crude and cause more problems.

There are various spray types that do a fair job. You can get a tool that clamps on the cable to keep it from going everywhere.

Never use anything that remains sticky and doesn't dry. Like grease, it will make things worst over time.

A little graphite is all I would ever use around the throttle housing. Can also be used on the cables.

Every year or 2 I remove the cables
(clutch and throttle) and let a 3in1 type oil drip and few drops at a time until it appears out the other end. Remove any excess, let dry completely and reinstall.

thanks brotha, this is why this site is the best, so much knowledge on here.

post #10 of 10 Old 03-25-2010, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

hey guys, brake pads, how often do you change yours
I have 8,000 miles and I have the HH pads

I can hear some squeeking at the beggining when I just start the ride, once they warm up they feel fine

thx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in