520 Conversion Kit Help PLEASE ASAP - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 04-08-2010, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

520 Conversion Kit Help PLEASE ASAP

So i GET my 520 conversion and I open up the box . Its from sum of all parts.
1) The front and rear sprockets are vortex but the rear is 7075 T6 Aircraft Aluminum ... not sure I am secure with this . ALSO I AM OK With needing a new one in 3K Miles but I just dont want to snap teeth

2) The front is ok its steel

3) My Biggest concern is the Chain was not what I ordered its an O Ring Chain. I do not mind replacing it in 3K Miles but I do not want to Break it .

Any one got feedback Please..... I have to replace this now cause My chain is kinked and causing my bike to pull right when on a wheel .. do not notice it under accel with both wheels cause I just dont ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
that's perfectly fine and normal, you shouldn't wear out a sprocket or chain in 3,000 miles unless you go off roading and don't take care of your chain.... cleaning and lubricating it you can last a LONG time.....

your not going to snap any teeth off a vortex sprocket unless your adjust way wrong or just plain and simple wear it out to death.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth285 View Post
that's perfectly fine and normal, you shouldn't wear out a sprocket or chain in 3,000 miles unless you go off roading and don't take care of your chain.... cleaning and lubricating it you can last a LONG time.....

your not going to snap any teeth off a vortex sprocket unless your adjust way wrong or just plain and simple wear it out to death.
Thanks man.... So an O Ring chain well taken care of is Ok Then ? .. What do you personally Lube your chain with .. Since u da man and shit .. Lol and what do you clean your chain with ..Im so glad you answered ..Your advice is gold around here. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 04-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
I use PJ1 chain lube, either the blue or black label.... I also clean my chain with WD-40 or even simple green if i have it, some prefer not to use the wd-40 because of one reason or another but i ran a ERV3 chain on my bike which has x-rings but it took over 12,000 miles of VERY hard abuse before I finally bought another one....
post #5 of 18 Old 04-08-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth285 View Post
I use PJ1 chain lube, either the blue or black label.... I also clean my chain with WD-40 or even simple green if i have it, some prefer not to use the wd-40 because of one reason or another but i ran a ERV3 chain on my bike which has x-rings but it took over 12,000 miles of VERY hard abuse before I finally bought another one....
I ordered X rings but got O Rings .. Need to install it now cause my chain is damaged . I clean my bike and chain when I wash it with simple green .. I use full strength on the inside of the lower cowl and chain and discs to get the grime off.. I HATE A DIRTY BIKE .. My bike still looks like a showroom bike ..
post #6 of 18 Old 04-08-2010, 09:27 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Well i hope you paid for an o ring and not an x ring.
post #7 of 18 Old 04-08-2010, 11:57 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yea it will be fine
post #8 of 18 Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline659 View Post
Yea it will be fine
Not if you don't keep the chain in the right slack condition...I blew many teeth off my Vortex for lack of maintenance at the drag strip..if you don't do that thing maybe....I would be pissed though if I paid for a X-Ring chain and got a 0-Ring..the cost difference can be significant along with the performance/weight/longevity and especially strength on a X-Ring chain with 520 Conv...don't forget your on a High HP bike and that is important when going down in size that you buy a chain that can handle the HP ...just saying you should have sent it back if you didn't get what you ordered.

bloo
post #9 of 18 Old 04-09-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Not if you don't keep the chain in the right slack condition...I blew many teeth off my Vortex for lack of maintenance at the drag strip..if you don't do that thing maybe....I would be pissed though if I paid for a X-Ring chain and got a 0-Ring..the cost difference can be significant along with the performance/weight/longevity and especially strength on a X-Ring chain with 520 Conv...don't forget your on a High HP bike and that is important when going down in size that you buy a chain that can handle the HP ...just saying you should have sent it back if you didn't get what you ordered.

bloo

What exactly is the sag measurement of chain .. 3/4 Inch . Dont hit me with MM please I Suck at math . loL .. .. . .... .. . I'll just pimp this chain for a month or so and get the green driven 520 X Ring next month.. Bike Still Tracks right When I Wheelie .,. IT DOES NOT DRIFT RIGHT WHEN I LET GO OF THE BARS ... Has to be me huh./.. Maybe Im clinching hte left Clip on yeah .. Any ideas... If it was front forks, seals or head bearing it would track right when i let go of bars correct
post #10 of 18 Old 04-09-2010, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post

bloo

LOL SMALL PRINT SAYS YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR X RING AND KICK IN EXTRA 40 BUCKS .. HELLO THE FUCKING EBAY AD SAID XRING FAG... ERRRRRRRRSUM OF ALL PARTS BLOWS ASS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in