2ndary plates are out of my 08 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 02-19-2008, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

2ndary plates are out of my 08

alrite guys .....just got home from work bout hour ago and went rite to taking the plates out of my 10......was pretty easy , also took some pics and will try to get them up soon(hahaha yall shd know its gonna take a while for my slow ass to post um)....anyway gettn ready to put on my leathers and take it out for a test run a few miles....its freakn 32* where i live ...this shd be fun.....but i'll post up the diff in feel of the power when i get back in a bit......hold tite ..................... UPDATE JUST GOT BACK FROM THE COLD 20 MILE RIDE well lemme say this i think kawa put the green on the tach at 6k before they put the plates in, because now at 6k it is fully awake no waiting around for power.....before the plates i could feel my bikes power coming on at 6k and it was fully there at 7k-8k.....but now .....it starts to pull at 4k and is running like hell at 6k ........for you o8 owners that wanna do this it is real simple ...but before you do it take your bike out and go for a ride ...and i want ya to put the bike in 2nd gear goin down the road and get the rpms up to 6k then slam it open and feel the slite lag till it hits 8k or so.........then carry your lucky to be having 08 zx10 ass back to your shop/home/condo/tent or where ever your gonna do this FREEEEEE MOD and take the bike apart and get them lil guys outa there ....and after everything is done take it back out and do 2nd gear 6k drop of thrttle again and see what i mean by opens up fast.......i done this mod on my 04 zx10 and my zx12 and few buddies zx14's zx10's and never has none of them besides the 14 had this much seat of your pants feel of power dif......... ill be putting some how-to pics up as soon as i can....just few words of caution when doin this mod........ MAKE SURE TO USE A MAGNETIC SCREWDRIVER WITH A BLUNT NOT SHARPE POINT ON IT..THINK I USED A #2 SIZE....AND WHEN TAKING THE SCREWS OUT DONT APPLY TO MUCH PRESSURE JUST ENUF TO GET THE SCREWS OUT...IF YOU APPLY ALOT OF PRESSURE IT WILL MAKE THE PLATES OPEN AND THERE COULD BE A CHANCE OF KNOCKING THE OTHER PLATE OPEN AND DROPING A SCREW IN THE MOTOR......JUST TAKE YOUR TIME..... later guys ...zxdave

Last edited by zxdave; 02-20-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 02-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
I'll be waiting!!
post #3 of 32 Old 02-20-2008, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Oh And For The People That Do This ...prolly best To Put The Plates Away Somewhere In Case Ya Need Them Again.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 02-20-2008, 02:31 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxdave View Post
Oh And For The People That Do This ...prolly best To Put The Plates Away Somewhere In Case Ya Need Them Again.......
but
I hate when I hear someone say they "threw this or that stock part away".
Thought I was the only one that felt this way.

But man I'm pumped... sounds like the 08's gonna be a beast :deathmeta
post #5 of 32 Old 02-20-2008, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

yeah bro i think few months down the road after alot more aftermarket parts come out it will be a top dog in every aspect of motorcycle racing ....it is so freaking powerful in stock trim....its crazy ....but taking them plates out has made a nite and day diff in low-end power output for sure
post #6 of 32 Old 02-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Ninja Police!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Killa Kawi Send a message via MSN to Killa Kawi Send a message via Yahoo to Killa Kawi Send a message via Skype™ to Killa Kawi
I will def be doing this asap
post #7 of 32 Old 02-20-2008, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Kawi View Post
I will def be doing this asap
yeah bro the sooner the better that way you get used to the bike without them in there instead of having to learn the power curve all over after you take them out....... its a big freaking diff.....
post #8 of 32 Old 02-20-2008, 02:58 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxdave View Post
yeah bro the sooner the better that way you get used to the bike without them in there instead of having to learn the power curve all over after you take them out....... its a big freaking diff.....
was the difference as noticeable on the 04 as it was on the 08?
post #9 of 32 Old 02-20-2008, 02:58 AM
Ninja Police!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Killa Kawi Send a message via MSN to Killa Kawi Send a message via Yahoo to Killa Kawi Send a message via Skype™ to Killa Kawi
Thanks for showing us how to do this bud much appreciated
post #10 of 32 Old 02-20-2008, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversv1k View Post
was the difference as noticeable on the 04 as it was on the 08?
nah ...no way...you could tell that the 04 power was better down low after this mod, but nothing like the 08 dif. it is freaking nasty at 6k now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in