Gen 2: 2006-2007 2nd butterflies ? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-10-2011, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

2nd butterflies ?

what is the +/- of removing the 2nd dairy butterflies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

secondary butterfly valves are under your air intake stacks in the airbox and control airflow to the throttle bodies. Throttle position does not necessarily reflect the same open position in the valves. rough example: 50% throttle = 30% airflow from valve depending on where you are in the rev range, FI maps etc. If you remove them you unrestrict your airflow a little bit because you only have your primary butterfly valves (underneath 2ndary) to control airflow. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I think there is a thread on how to remove them on here somewhere. I personally haven't removed mine because I wouldn't think it would make that much difference for the effort plus I have a TRE which does pretty much the same thing.

BMC Filter/VStacks/PCIII/GiPro ATRE/Smog Pump delete/-1+2 520/Speedohealer/HEL SS Lines/Pazzo Shorties/Cox Grill
post #3 of 8 Old 06-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushKartChampion View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I think there is a thread on how to remove them on here somewhere.
If you search "secondary butterflies" its there as a poll and "how to".OP is hesaves. there are 76 effing pages that I read last night. some people swear by it, and others say it doesn't do anything.
the drawback is that you have to get the bike remapped and the throttle response is supposedly more sensitive ie: twitchy. it is possible that removing them can cause the fuel ratio to be dangerously lean without a tune.
the pro is that many people say the low and mid range feel way better. someone put it "the beast has been awakened." others say they feel a real difference at 6000rpm and above.
I decided not to take them out because I dont intend on remapping.

hope this helps, and many people would tell you to search more thouroughly next time.

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris99sleeve View Post
If you search "secondary butterflies" its there as a poll and "how to".OP is hesaves. there are 76 effing pages that I read last night. some people swear by it, and others say it doesn't do anything.
the drawback is that you have to get the bike remapped and the throttle response is supposedly more sensitive ie: twitchy. it is possible that removing them can cause the fuel ratio to be dangerously lean without a tune.
the pro is that many people say the low and mid range feel way better. someone put it "the beast has been awakened." others say they feel a real difference at 6000rpm and above.
I decided not to take them out because I dont intend on remapping.

hope this helps, and many people would tell you to search more thouroughly next time.

cheers
mine was, but the gain was there on my dyno chart after tune:...

post #5 of 8 Old 06-11-2011, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i went ahead and removed them last nite n WOW!! the difference is nite n day the bottom end feels i went up 2 teeth in the rear n continues all the way to redline ... rec everyone remove there's
post #6 of 8 Old 06-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
For anyone else who might be interested?
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthre...ry+butterf ly

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #7 of 8 Old 06-18-2011, 05:40 AM
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy_zxrr View Post
i went ahead and removed them last nite n WOW!! the difference is nite n day the bottom end feels i went up 2 teeth in the rear n continues all the way to redline ... rec everyone remove there's
Are you running a power commander? If so are you running a base map from the site .. I would get a tune .... lean conditions always make your bike scream.... but yeah they help a crap load ... my ride is already twitchy cause I have the R6 throttle tube for a 1/6 turn

________________Grip It And Rip It_________________
post #8 of 8 Old 06-18-2011, 05:44 AM
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzx10r View Post
mine was, but the gain was there on my dyno chart after tune:...
Sup brutha ? Guess what im getting next week? The under belly hardrock MotorSports HR1 Riot series pipe. They are here in spokane and doing it all up next week. Hitting the Dyno before and after so ill be posting another re jewelry ... and before you say it I know... im always like this though. Im never satisfied. Itsnever fast enough. It never looks good enough. Itsnever clean enough. Hahahahaha

________________Grip It And Rip It_________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in