211 pressures - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-16-2011, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

211 pressures

dulop 211 s run a low psi than normal ...dosent work on road :headshake what psi do you guys run them at for fast road runs ....put 30/30 in still seems a bit weird the turn in is f nice totaly diff to the corsa 111.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

30 front and rear on the road and less on the track with the gp211

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #3 of 5 Old 05-17-2011, 05:48 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm running 28psi front and 23psi read cold, for the road twisties. Any more than that and it doesnt feel planted. Its weird, its the first tire i got that i have to use less air in the back than in the front for the street.

For the track i use 26f and 18r ..

ZX-10R

>> scary fast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-17-2011, 11:32 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck in fife View Post
dulop 211 s run a low psi than normal ...dosent work on road :headshake what psi do you guys run them at for fast road runs ....put 30/30 in still seems a bit weird the turn in is f nice totaly diff to the corsa 111.
Reason they feel weird is you're probably never getting those tires up to proper temp. I'm guessing since you are in in Europe you have a UK211. On the track typically I started 28 cold front and after an hour on the warmers adjusted to 30-32 depending on track temp. Rear started out 20 and after an hour 22-25 depending on track temp. For the street I would say start 28F 25R and see how it feels. But the Corsa III was a street tire and the 211 is a pure race tire they will turn in differently because of construction. Corsa III will have a smoother transition into a corner while the Dunlop will basically drop you on your face. Just my experience. Good luck.

2005 ZX10R Track Bike With Way To Much Sh*t On It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 5 Old 05-18-2011, 05:39 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiryder89 View Post
Reason they feel weird is you're probably never getting those tires up to proper temp. I'm guessing since you are in in Europe you have a UK211. On the track typically I started 28 cold front and after an hour on the warmers adjusted to 30-32 depending on track temp. Rear started out 20 and after an hour 22-25 depending on track temp. For the street I would say start 28F 25R and see how it feels. But the Corsa III was a street tire and the 211 is a pure race tire they will turn in differently because of construction. Corsa III will have a smoother transition into a corner while the Dunlop will basically drop you on your face. Just my experience. Good luck.
to most of it.

To the OP - However in my opinion on the street, don't drop the front below 30psi as the front is not an ntec construction. Street riding, you may not be braking hard enough to heat up the tire to optimum pressure and at very low pressures, it may feel imprecise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in