Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2018 zx10r abs auto blipper?

10K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Sebas004 
#1 ·
Hey guys i just bought a new 18 zx10r abs, absolutely love this bike. It has a quick shifter which i love, i want an auto blipper so i can shift down without the clutch as well. i read a bunch of other forums and postings about it but im still confused, no one has actually explained the entire process from beginning to end. all i have at this point are pieces and chunks of information about it. can someone explain from beginning to end how to get my bike to blip down? do i have to get my ecu flashed? do i need a new ecu and then do a flash? is there a simple plug in play? someone just tell me what to do lol. also if you have any good ideas for must have upgrades and accessories for this bike please do share :)

#3 ·
mpp12 is correct. It's a software setting and that feature is not enabled in the software from the factory. You need to reflash the ECU with an application that will allow that to be enabled. Woolich is best way to go.

#4 ·
^^thats one way to do it^^
Here is what I recommend doing, keeps it simple and the performance is awesome. These bikes are already bad a** out of the crate, they just have a mid range flat spot.
1) pick cat eliminating exhaust of your choice, I went with graves and I’m quite happy. Leave stock headers.
2) send ecu out to get flashed, I used 2wdw and am very happy with them, great people there.
3) remove exhaust servo motor, air injection system, charcoal cannister and O2 sensor, you will need a 12mm sensor bung plug.
4) thats it, keep it simple, this will put a huge smile on your face. The auto blipper is pretty cool. Bike is a beast.

This is for street riding, if you are tracking your bike or dragging it and you are a very highly skilled rider you may want to go further with mods, but for us mere mortals this is all you need to do. Oh, and get your suspension set for your weight.

#5 ·
Ok, sweet, pieces are starting to fall into place now. So I have to buy an application, went to Woolwich what exactly do I need to buy? They offer like 10 different things? Do I want the package that specifies that it will add the blip and launch controll and all that? And once I purchase this what then? What's the fallowing procedure? Do I have to take my bike apart? Do I need to send out the ECU or can it be done at home? Could I find someone who can just flash it and I won't need any extra applications? I'm just spouting off thoughts here, I really don't have the slightest clue about this tech aspect of the bike.... Any further info would be greatly appreciated. If some one could explain this to me like I was a small child, well that would be just great lol ?

#6 ·
A small child, huh? If that's the case, then this is probably over your head to complete yourself. I'd say to just find a company to do it for you.

Basically you have to disassemble the bike to get to the ECU. You then have to add some wires and connector into the bike harness that allows you to connect it to a computer. You install the software on the computer that will talk to the bike computer and make a bunch of changes to it through that. Once you save those changes to the software on the computer, you then have to write over the software on the bike computer completely by downloading a binary file to it. That's done through a special USB adapter that is part of that Woolich kit you buy and plugs into the wires you added to the bike first.

You only need to buy the basic kit that comes with the wiring harness and the software. All the other "options" are for doing other specific things. Download their instructions for installation and figure out if you're capable of doing all that yourself. Otherwise, take the ECU out of the bike and mail it to someone else to do it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Guarf
#8 ·
You should spend time looking at videos provided on the Woolich site. Then you can decide how deep you want to go on your bike. Like Mo said, you might want to just send out the ECU out and install the cat-delete yourself while you wait. That’s the simplest/cheapest way to go.

#9 ·
If I lived closer, I would flash it for you, but shipping kills it...

just find a person that can flash your ECU and be done with it, basic Flash, forget about the fancy shit, you dont need that unless your racing or street racing where you need some features.

#10 ·
Wow thanks for the great info, I am capable of doing it, it's just sometimes there's little details left out of people's instructions and then the process takes a turn for the worst lol and I gotta spend extra time and money to fix shit. I did watch the woolich video seems simple enough just as u explained.

Also this is my first owned bike, but have had two others that I rode that did not belong to me.

I think I might just take my bike in to get flashed, just found out there's a guy out here with a mobile Dyno and he flash's and tunes for like 250$ I think this is the safest route.

Any suggestions on what exhaust to buy?
I was looking at the m4 gp or the Austin racing v3. I like the little stubby look.

Oh and thanks again for taking the time to share your input guys! Much appreciated

#14 ·
I have a twobros low mount shorty race exhaust. The race exhaust comes with the midpipe/cat delete which is why I got it. If you want to add wideband o2 sensor woolich sends a bung that you can have welded on or do it yourself, the midpipe is stainless steel so it's easy to weld to. The akro setup already has a bung on the midpipe if you want to go that way. I just like the short low mount and the throaty sound of the twobros. I have changed to the carbon pipe since the pic

Attachments

#13 ·
I just started doing this brought the Woolich V3 log box and the wideband O2 kit. Brought a link pipe used a scorpion one that came with a half-moon disc to put on the exhaust valve motor stops any fault codes without an ECU flash as I am doing it in stages.
You don't need the wideband kit or the log box ver of the Woolich kit that is for autotuning the fuel maps.
The loom for the Woolich box is fairly easy to fit you may need to drill the security bolt out that holds the ECU retaining bracket in if it has them. Get nice new drill bits as they are stainless steel bolts.
Once that done it is just adding one wire to the ECU connector then plugging the other part of the loom into the OBD2 connector and that is it.
There are very good videos on the Woolich site and info :)
This is the one you need without the log box and a laptop min spec i5 with an internet connection as it won't work unless connected to the internet.
2016-2018 Kawasaki ZX10R - USB M v3 Package

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.