Gen 5: 2016- 2016 ZX10R FI codes after installing PCV - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 09-07-2018, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

2016 ZX10R FI codes after installing PCV

Hello guys, I recently put a PCV on my 2016 ZX10R, and after the installation the FI and CEL came on. I pull out the codes and got code 41 42 43 and 44, which are fuel injector 1 2 3 4 are mulfuntioning. The bike starts and runs just fine. I rechecked the connectors on the injectors and they are fine. Put everything back in, start it up and run it, still got same codes. I went to the dealer and had the codes cleared, but same things happened after a short distance of traveling. I even tried manually reset codes (from the owner’s manual), but it did not work. Any ideas? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-07-2018, 08:04 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

You need to flash the ECU to disable fault codes after doing smog work.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, geared (-1/+0), Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, Ohlins NIX30, Lightech adjusters. Bestem carbon. 50,000km+ and good so far.
post #3 of 18 Old 09-07-2018, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Can I use the "ECU Reflash" system from the dealer to clear them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 09-08-2018, 02:08 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
A search would help you.

The manual clearing procedure is outlined here:
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/all...ht-218666.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshino Sato View Post
Can I use the "ECU Reflash" system from the dealer to clear them?
There is no "ECU Reflash" system at any dealer. They can hook up the Kawasaki diagnostic tool, read and reset the FI errors, but that has nothing to do with reflashing it.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 18 Old 09-08-2018, 02:12 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
And why the hell would you install a PCV??? Those things are so 1998.

#WordCrimes

post #6 of 18 Old 09-08-2018, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I saw your post about resetting the code before and I followed the instruction but it did not work. The KDS v3 does have a function says “ECU reflash” but I did not touch it but cleared the code instead. And the code just pop out again after clearing them...
post #7 of 18 Old 09-08-2018, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I would go with Woolich if I can, but I live in Iowa and there is no shop which can do ECU reflash with Woolich, but there is a shop down DSM has a dyno and they can only do PCV tuning. I remember when I was looking for a tuner to tune my WRX-STI with COBB along with a custom tune, I had to go down to Chicago to find a tuner...
post #8 of 18 Old 09-08-2018, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
And why the hell would you install a PCV??? Those things are so 1998. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/2bitchslap.gif[/IMG] <a href="https://zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/icon_confused.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Confused" >:-)</a>
First time using this website...
post #9 of 18 Old 09-08-2018, 02:50 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
I would go with Woolich if I can, but I live in Iowa and there is no shop which can do ECU reflash with Woolich, but there is a shop down DSM has a dyno and they can only do PCV tuning. I remember when I was looking for a tuner to tune my WRX-STI with COBB along with a custom tune, I had to go down to Chicago to find a tuner...

The Woolich kit is so you can tune it yourself, in your garage, by yourself. The autotune kit allows that. Or you can change the maps yourself on the computer you connect to it. No need to take it to a tuner. Or you take it to a tuner with a dyno and make the changes yourself while there or based on the results of that.

Tuning with a PC only makes fueling changes. ALL the other stuff that can be accessed (ignition, per gearing, cooling system, traction control, engine braking, ETV, QS, autoblip, race mode, etc) are not able to be tuned with a PC.

#WordCrimes

post #10 of 18 Old 09-08-2018, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Quote:

The Woolich kit is so you can tune it yourself, in your garage, by yourself. The autotune kit allows that. Or you can change the maps yourself on the computer you connect to it. No need to take it to a tuner. Or you take it to a tuner with a dyno and make the changes yourself while there or based on the results of that.

Tuning with a PC only makes fueling changes. ALL the other stuff that can be accessed (ignition, per gearing, cooling system, traction control, engine braking, ETV, QS, autoblip, race mode, etc) are not able to be tuned with a PC. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/headshake.gif[/IMG]

I understand that, and the reason that I want to “play” with the bike is I want the bike to run better without a CAT, not for racing (there is not many race-track in Iowa and public roads sucks in Iowa...). The stock map just sucks as well. Anyway, I will try again with the code-clearing process. The bike is running strong now but just without those Kawasaki川崎 functions...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in