2013 zx10r bogs and pops - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-25-2014, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

2013 zx10r bogs and pops

bought it new in May. Had dealer put a Yoshi exhaust on it with deleted cat. Bike bogs some and pops when decelerating. Will a PowerCommander fix this? If not, suggestions?

If Power Commander, any guidance would be expected, where to purchase, are there different models, where to get a map to start with etc....

Apologies if the answer is out there somewhere. I searched and nothing popped out as applicable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-25-2014, 05:04 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

no worries about tiny pops on decel but have no idea what you mean by 'bogging' on decel as you're off the throttle. Please re-phrase.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-26-2014, 12:12 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Pops are normal with just adding a pipe, but not sure what you mean about bogs neither. I would get an ecu flash. Helps with the pops and also on off throttle transition. Wouldn't worry about the power commander. Flashing it will do all plus more then the pc5.

2011 ZX10R

Schnitz Racing reflash and tune with Woolich, TB slip on, EvoTech crash kit and rear spools, Hotbodies black undertail and tinted windscreen, Gsxr Brembo swap, Bestem carbon heel guards, Renthal dual compound grips, KD block off plates, BMR air filter, Bazzaz QS4, EK ZZZ gold chain & -1 Renthal sprocket, Gsxr gold headstem nut, Roaring Toyz rear link, Schnitz front strap kit, Rifleman 1/5 insert, Gregg's mirror deletes

SWB best time [email protected] 1.67 60ft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Yeah sounds like you need a pc and a tune to help the bog. If you're even half way mechanically inclined you can fix the pop. It's called the kleen air/pair valve. There's some hoses on the top of your valve cover. That system pretty much just dumps unused fuel into your exhaust during decel. You just need to plug those hoses and it won't pop anymore.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #5 of 10 Old 10-26-2014, 10:42 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

PM ZX10archer for an ecu flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #6 of 10 Old 10-26-2014, 11:06 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmagma10 View Post
Yeah sounds like you need a pc and a tune to help the bog. If you're even half way mechanically inclined you can fix the pop. It's called the kleen air/pair valve. There's some hoses on the top of your valve cover. That system pretty much just dumps unused fuel into your exhaust during decel. You just need to plug those hoses and it won't pop anymore.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
My pair valve is deleted and my bike is flashed for a pipe and I still get pops outta my exhaust sometimes. The Woolich software can do all the power commander can minus auto tune I believe. So if he just got a flash for a bike with exhaust he shouldn't really need a power commander. Even if he wants a custom dyno tune, he could go somewhere that uses Woolich and not need the PC. On my gen 4 that's what I do, but I'm lucky enough to have Ryan Schnitz 45 minutes away so he tunes my bike with the Woolich and no need for the PC at all in my application. Maybe in some guys area after they get a flash if they want more custom work they would have to use a PC depending on their tuner.

2011 ZX10R

Schnitz Racing reflash and tune with Woolich, TB slip on, EvoTech crash kit and rear spools, Hotbodies black undertail and tinted windscreen, Gsxr Brembo swap, Bestem carbon heel guards, Renthal dual compound grips, KD block off plates, BMR air filter, Bazzaz QS4, EK ZZZ gold chain & -1 Renthal sprocket, Gsxr gold headstem nut, Roaring Toyz rear link, Schnitz front strap kit, Rifleman 1/5 insert, Gregg's mirror deletes

SWB best time [email protected] 1.67 60ft
post #7 of 10 Old 10-26-2014, 12:37 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Pops unaffected by the kleen delete. I've done it and still get the pops....
post #8 of 10 Old 10-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up

ZX10rArcher for the Reflash - Great Guy, Great Price, Great Work - the Reflash will sort the "bogging" and the Decel pop. Just my 2 cent.

What did she say? - She Lida da soup!!
post #9 of 10 Old 12-12-2014, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

sorry for the MIA, it runs like sh**. Power loss at high rpm as well.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-12-2014, 02:06 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Responded to your message via PM KMCBride74. Hit me up when you have a chance.
-Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in