2008 ZX10R License plate holder - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 04-20-2008, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
YZF
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 808
Posting Frequency
  
2008 ZX10R License plate holder

Are there any aftermarket license plate holders for 08 ZX10R?

Who makes them? Preferably in Europe...


Thanks!

YZF is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 04-20-2008, 07:26 PM
GP Rider
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,600
Posting Frequency
Images: 26
    
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZF View Post
Are there any aftermarket license plate holders for 08 ZX10R?

Who makes them? Preferably in Europe...


Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWAS...spagenameZWDVW $100 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fende...spagenameZWDVW $25
anthonyzx10r2008 is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 04-21-2008, 12:36 AM
WSB Rider
 
espen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 551
Posting Frequency
Images: 8
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyzx10r2008 View Post
Some pictures of it installed:
http://www.lovaas.org/Content/motorcycle/zx10r.html




Last edited by espen; 04-21-2008 at 12:41 AM.
espen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 Old 04-21-2008, 01:36 AM
GP Rider
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,600
Posting Frequency
Images: 26
    
looks good but i have to post mine . but we all agree that the stock one sucks
anthonyzx10r2008 is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 04-21-2008, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
YZF
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 808
Posting Frequency
  
Thanks! The one for 25$ looks good. I wonder if you can bend it a little bit, so the number plate would be 45degrees (not 90degrees) lean angle?
YZF is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 04-21-2008, 12:03 PM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyrum, JawGa
Posts: 3,645
Posting Frequency
       
I actully bought the $100 dollar one this morning. Have no idea how long the shipping will take from the UK to US but the seller has a 100% rating with over 7000 transactions so I thought it was worth the 100 bucks since it uses all the stock lights, tag, tail, and turn signals. To each his own I know but to me it is worth the extra money to not have to buthcer up the stock wiring harness.

Got have tag lights in Georgia or they will stop you for that. Many people busted for DUI because the initial stop was for a tag light out. Cops uses that to "legally" fish. I don't drink and ride but I think the concept of not getting stopped is understood.

JJ
JimmyJam is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 04-21-2008, 01:14 PM
GP Rider
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,600
Posting Frequency
Images: 26
    
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
I actully bought the $100 dollar one this morning. Have no idea how long the shipping will take from the UK to US but the seller has a 100% rating with over 7000 transactions so I thought it was worth the 100 bucks since it uses all the stock lights, tag, tail, and turn signals. To each his own I know but to me it is worth the extra money to not have to buthcer up the stock wiring harness.

Got have tag lights in Georgia or they will stop you for that. Many people busted for DUI because the initial stop was for a tag light out. Cops uses that to "legally" fish. I don't drink and ride but I think the concept of not getting stopped is understood.

JJ
great to here i could help . thats why i sent you two to look at , here is mine on my bike [IMG][/IMG]
anthonyzx10r2008 is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 04-21-2008, 02:56 PM
WSB Rider
 
espen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 551
Posting Frequency
Images: 8
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZF View Post
Thanks! The one for 25$ looks good. I wonder if you can bend it a little bit, so the number plate would be 45degrees (not 90degrees) lean angle?
I would guess it can be bent. I havnt tried bending mine yet though.
espen is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 04-22-2008, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
YZF
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 808
Posting Frequency
  
Yeah i ordered the one for 100$+shipment...looks better overall imho...
YZF is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 04-22-2008, 04:48 PM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyrum, JawGa
Posts: 3,645
Posting Frequency
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZF View Post
Yeah i ordered the one for 100$+shipment...looks better overall imho...
I contacted them and asked how much for faster shipping and it was like 20 bucks more so I sent it to em. Now maybe it will be here next week instead of next month. Crossing the pond and all that.

I sometimes am little slow installing mods, but this one goes on the day it arrives.

I also think its well worth the money just so I don't have to butcher my wiring harness.

Hey, we can agree on something!

JJ
JimmyJam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
License plate on your nut ! FAF The Out House 11 11-03-2007 04:38 PM
License Plate Location hotstang46 The ZX-10R 40 10-11-2007 11:49 AM
exhaust and license holder for 06 750 stunnerific_harry Pictures and Videos 10 05-25-2006 05:35 AM
License plate mounts??? g-note The ZX-10R 3 04-28-2006 05:53 AM
Which License Plate Should I Choose:? bluedevil The Out House 14 05-25-2005 10:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome