2008 ZX10 Akrapovic exhaust comparo? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-28-2011, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

2008 ZX10 Akrapovic exhaust comparo?

Just wondering If anybody know's the actual weight difference between the Stanless Steel Race system and the Ti. system? Also does anybody know for sure If there Is or Isn't a HP gain between the two? I searched my part# on the Akra site and It keep's telling me no match's found. So I'm unable to make or read about a real comparison. Hopefully some of you guy's have dynoed each and can give me an Idea! My race system gave me 6.7 hp and 1 ft.lb. tk's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-28-2011, 11:33 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347 tony View Post
Just wondering If anybody know's the actual weight difference between the Stanless Steel Race system and the Ti. system? Also does anybody know for sure If there Is or Isn't a HP gain between the two? I searched my part# on the Akra site and It keep's telling me no match's found. So I'm unable to make or read about a real comparison. Hopefully some of you guy's have dynoed each and can give me an Idea! My race system gave me 6.7 hp and 1 ft.lb. tk's
The Evolution titanium full system is 3 pounds lighter than the Race system... I have no idea about the differences in HP gains between the two, but I would expect there to be none, as the overall design of the headers and muffler are identical between Titanium and Steel.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
The Evolution titanium full system is 3 pounds lighter than the Race system... I have no idea about the differences in HP gains between the two, but I would expect there to be none, as the overall design of the headers and muffler are identical between Titanium and Steel.
same bends and everything! just different metal=weight is the key factor!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-29-2011, 01:13 AM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

No difference in power at all me and gixxer160 bike make roughly the same power. He's got a the ss system I have the evo cz system. He did find out though if you have a the akra full system and replace the canister with a canister that has the same inlet and outlet diameters you'll pick up roughly 2hp and 1 ft lb of torque. Canister he made was also the same length as the original can with the system. This was dyno proven not butt dyno.

post #5 of 7 Old 04-29-2011, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
From everything I have read this was pretty much the conclusion I came up with as well, but just wondered If there was anything I had missed. Trying to justify buying the Ti model, but Is It worth the three pound's! I can buy alot of Carbon Fiber to shed that three pound's for the money the exhaust Is gonna cost me. Tk's for your Input!
post #6 of 7 Old 05-04-2011, 12:14 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347 tony View Post
From everything I have read this was pretty much the conclusion I came up with as well, but just wondered If there was anything I had missed. Trying to justify buying the Ti model, but Is It worth the three pound's! I can buy alot of Carbon Fiber to shed that three pound's for the money the exhaust Is gonna cost me. Tk's for your Input!
It's even easier than that! Do like me and cut out that fettucini alfredo for a month and no in n out burger either and you SAVE money in that month and shed 10 pounds off the bike! (you) lol! :)

But seriously though, 3 pounds, especially down low is not very significant unless you're racing, but weight savings is usually an effort that spans several areas on the bike to come up with an overall weight savings that IS significant. 3 pounds really is nothing but swap out that stock exhaust for a titanium full system, marcesini wheels, lightweight rotors, brembo calipers, 520 chain, aluminum sprocket, race battery, carbon fiber, rearsets, passenger peg removal, titanium bolts, and then you're looking at 30-35 pounds shed and even for street riding, you'll feel that. It's all cumulative...
post #7 of 7 Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Lol Bar end's are almost 3 lb's themselve's. It all add's up though. tk's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in