2006 zx10R: Stock Fork Spring rate/size?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 09-11-2006, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

2006 zx10R: Stock Fork Spring rate/size??

hey,
I'm about to send my forks out to get revalving (comp&reb) and Im just trying to figure out what size is the stock spring in the 2006 ten's forks? SOme one told me one, that 1.05's are the laregest spring rating I will find (i'm a musculer 260lbs geared up) and they also said that the zx10R should come with 1.0 springs so I dont need to replace them...but I am completly bottoming them out now? so do valving help keep from bottoming out? that dont sound right...

On another note they told me dont bother with the stock shock..its worthless for racing.

(this is for racing my zx10R)

I think im still going to get the internals guted out, but can some one help me figure out the rating on the stockers? thanks

Also, wait untill I post up my straight thru gut job on my stock cans...im cuting it down to a shorty also...
I have a bunch of good stuff im doing to make this bike race ready...

Im about to post up 113 pictures from my TP-M GP-Moto race....its on Road Racing World also....
look for it in the picture section....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-12-2006, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

well im sending out the stock stuff to get resprung and revalved. 20mm kit, but i wish it was the 25mm kit.....
post #3 of 16 Old 09-13-2006, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

hmm, nobody responds to my tech questions...but let me say something and man they will be down my throat....where are they now? remember when I said the new ten had dual injectors? Dude like to rip me a new a-hole because i gave that bad info....
sigh.... wish i could get some of the good shiit answered here....sigh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 09-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Hi Vonstallin,

Mate getting the revalve is a great start, i had my RR revalved for racing and it wasnt to bad, obviously your tuner will set it for your weight and it shouldnt bottom out !

Replacemnet of the rear shock would be the way to go next it will make a big difference. Once your happy with your times then id do the rear shock, you will see a drop in times provided you dial it in.

Good luck with the racing, correct suspension set up dropped three second a lap off my times at phillip island. 1:46 to 1:43 on slicks...

Cant weight to get the 10 on the track !!!
post #5 of 16 Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin
hmm, nobody responds to my tech questions...but let me say something and man they will be down my throat....where are they now? remember when I said the new ten had dual injectors? Dude like to rip me a new a-hole because i gave that bad info....
sigh.... wish i could get some of the good shiit answered here....sigh...
quit your sniveling for fugg sakes ............first off the place your sending them to should have the answer to your tech question and if they don't its time to look elsewhere. Now if you'd like me to guess i can accomadate you but then i'd get blamed if my guess wasn't right wouldn't i??
the 04,5 springs are .925kg if that helps. you'll most likely want 1.05's with your heft.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #6 of 16 Old 09-13-2006, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
quit your sniveling for fugg sakes ............first off the place your sending them to should have the answer to your tech question and if they don't its time to look elsewhere. Now if you'd like me to guess i can accomadate you but then i'd get blamed if my guess wasn't right wouldn't i??
the 04,5 springs are .925kg if that helps. you'll most likely want 1.05's with your heft.

BD
Thanks BD...thats what I thought about the springs...and yep! 1.05's for my big arse! lol ill ask him and see what size they are...i didnt think of asking the tuner, lol...
post #7 of 16 Old 09-27-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Hey! I got all my upgraded suspension parts back for the race bike (not the street bike yet).

What is the stock shock spring weight?

I have a 425 hyperpro? and when I had my Penske set up for me they put a 550 spring on.

I want to see what the stock spring rate is (lets say 375) and if so I can slap on the 425 spring that will be closer to my weight.
thanky!
post #8 of 16 Old 09-27-2006, 12:42 PM

Posting Frequency

what bike was the Penske on that used the 550lb spring?? was it correct for your suited weight?

BD

post #9 of 16 Old 09-27-2006, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy

what bike was the Penske on that used the 550lb spring?? was it correct for your suited weight?

BD
I sent my used ebay Penske to CTR. it had a 425lb spring on it (suited for a 190lbs rider). I told CTR my weight (242lbs) and they sent it back with a 550lbs spring (if im not mistacken).

Now I have a 425 lbs spring handy and was wondering if i should use it on my stock kawi shock?

just trying to figure out what lbs spring comes on the kawi.
post #10 of 16 Old 09-27-2006, 03:38 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin
I sent my used ebay Penske to CTR. it had a 425lb spring on it (suited for a 190lbs rider). I told CTR my weight (242lbs) and they sent it back with a 550lbs spring (if im not mistaken).

Now I have a 425 lbs spring handy and was wondering if i should use it on my stock kawi shock?

just trying to figure out what lbs spring comes on the kawi.
the OEM spring rate is approximately 525-535lb.

The 550lb spring sounds right for your 242lbs as mine is a 500lb for my suited 190lbs.

BD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in