2006 ZX 10 Questions...HELP!!!?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

2006 ZX 10 Questions...HELP!!!??

#1 I need a new rear tire and the dealership doesn't have the 190/55 that is the stock size for my bike and recommended a 190/50. Will that size change matter as far as handling goes and will it change my speedo reading?

#2 I was thinking of putting A&R racing baffles in my exhaust, I saw it on YOUTUBE and it sounds great. Will that affect an emmission test, perfomance and where do you get them??? The web address is aandrmufflers.com -- The website will not open

#3 How do you adjust the Ohlins Steering Damper?

#4 Going from a CBR 954 this ZX 10 is hard to corner/handling, is it me, the bike or do I just need to get used to it?

#5 I haven't tried but can you adjust the brake lever to me tighter, I have to squeeze it half way down before the brakes work (My CBR was instant...like a 1/4 before the brakes engaged. The same is on the rear you have to push it down a ways before it starts to work.

I have more quesions but if anyone has any feedback or any other suggestions for the bike that I didn't mention I would be very thankful for any response!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Lots of questions for a post. Do a search and you can find answers to those questions. Especially the brake action you are feeling.

I'd trash those stock tires front and rear. Get a tire for that meets the demands for the type of riding you do. Dry only, wet/dry, street, street/track. I wouldn't get sucked into any kind of race tire unless that is what you intend to use them for.

You should be able to find a rear with a 55 series profile. Lots of folks run 50's. That will also effect you speedo indication. Tons of post on this stuff.

Good luck. I'm sure others will chime in.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

1) yes its been asked numerous times in the past and its ok to use the 190/50 and yes it will effect the bikes character and speedo readout to read positive.

2) some have used the a&r baffles and like them but no effect on emissions or perf just mainly exhaust note/sound.

3) lill gold colored knob

4) If the OEM dunlops are still on the bike replacing them will change the 10 quite a bit but remember the 2 bikes are very different.

5) first off bleed the brakes good but yes theres no comparison between the 2 diff bikes so search for the many many threads about brakes on the 10r and you'll find whats been done to rectify them.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.

Last edited by Big Daddy; 11-12-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 11:36 AM
GEN II Driver

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjhils View Post
#1 I need a new rear tire and the dealership doesn't have the 190/55 that is the stock size for my bike and recommended a 190/50. Will that size change matter as far as handling goes and will it change my speedo reading?

#2 I was thinking of putting A&R racing baffles in my exhaust, I saw it on YOUTUBE and it sounds great. Will that affect an emmission test, perfomance and where do you get them??? The web address is aandrmufflers.com -- The website will not open

#4 Going from a CBR 954 this ZX 10 is hard to corner/handling, is it me, the bike or do I just need to get used to it?

#5 I haven't tried but can you adjust the brake lever to me tighter, I have to squeeze it half way down before the brakes work (My CBR was instant...like a 1/4 before the brakes engaged. The same is on the rear you have to push it down a ways before it starts to work.

I have more quesions but if anyone has any feedback or any other suggestions for the bike that I didn't mention I would be very thankful for any response!!!!!!!!!
1. you will need to readjust your suspension but the speedo affects are negligable. ditch the stock qualifiers asap but i'd stick with the 55 profile (better roll/turn rates)

3. kind of week dampner so you'll need to crank it all the way up unless you change out the oil and/or revalve it.

4. riden lots of liter bikes and this one handles as good as any of them but i'm just a racer wannabe.

5. stock brakes suckkkkkkkk on this bike. lots of play in the mc is standard as well as tremendous brake fade. nissin calipers are the 99% fix. back brake because i'm not good enough to use it.

great bike with lots of personality and a whole lot of grunt. good luck and

Last edited by ripper; 11-12-2007 at 11:42 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 11:43 AM
MIA Ex-Mod

Posting Frequency

post #6 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Get a 190/50, I run Pilot Powers on mine...since it's a new bike you gotta get used to it anyway.

Quote:
I'm getting a set myself, since they're behind the catalytic it won't affect your emissions at all. Try http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/, their site has been taking shits lately though.

Quote:
Gold knob, clockwise tightens it.

Quote:
You need to get used to it. It's not hard at all to corner just different than the Honda.

Quote:
The brakes suck. I bled mine out and it's a tad better, thinking that once I get braided lines it will improve. I ride the street and I'm thinking that should be enough...if it's not then I'll be getting Nissin's of a ZX14 or '07 ZX6R (bolt on replacement) off ebay. The master cylinder on the '06 is pump type so just replacing the calipers should be enough.
Quote:
post #7 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to rayszx10r
check ebay ive seen the baffles on there for loke 100 bucks
post #8 of 8 Old 12-04-2007, 09:26 PM

Posting Frequency

I put the 190/50/17 on my 07 ZX10 and unless you are valentino rossi you wont notice a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in