07 ZX-10 Front Brake Issues. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-21-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

07 ZX-10 Front Brake Issues.

Hi Fellow ZX-10'ers

Now, I know that the 07 ZX-10 has an inherent problem with it’s front brakes so I have taken the following measures to help the issue: Braded lines, Dot 5 fluid with EBC pads however they are still not up to par.

A friend recommended the following, before going to bed:

Pull in the brake leaver as close to the throttle as it will go then secure it there with a strap, net effect is the brake leaver is engaged for eight or so hours.

Now when I do this the brakes “feel” more responsive and the brake leaver has a much more “firmer” feel to it and the “travel” (finger pull) seems a little less to engage the brakes. However as the use of the brakes goes on throughout my ride they soon return to their “spongy” state. Any ideas as to why this temporary procedure works for a short time and what could this mean?

Have bleeded the brakes several times, all good.

Also does going to an aftermarket “short” lever such as a Pazzo do anything at all to increase braking performance? Other then providing one/two fingered braking.

Cheers, Nick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Save yourself the trouble. Everyone has gone through the same stuff and come to the same conclusion. You need the CBR1000 or ZX-6R Nissin calipers to fix the problem. That's it. You can try the above things and it might feel better initially, but you need to fix the problem by doing this. Serach Ervins "the brakes are fixed" thread for all your info.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 5 Old 06-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

ZX-6R/ZX-14 NISSIN calipers. Same cxaliper and a direct bolt on to the 07 ZX-10R. Been there, done it, etc..... Did it to my 07 and my 08.

Take care.

DB Screen, ASV Levers, PCIII, Yoshimura R-77 Slip-on, Front/Rear Galfer SBK Steel Braided brake lines, Nissin Calipers, Solo Seat Cowl, Fender Eliminator, Integrated tail light, K&N Filter, Anodized red oil/brake caps, Yosh bar ends, modded damper, rim tape, X-TRE, HID light (right side), Aluminum radiator fan, Fork/Frame/Swingarm sliders, 1/5th throttle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-22-2010, 07:09 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hraponte View Post
ZX-6R/ZX-14 NISSIN calipers. Same cxaliper and a direct bolt on to the 07 ZX-10R. Been there, done it, etc..... Did it to my 07 and my 08.

Take care.
Oooooo...your '08 as well, huh? Direct bolt-on for the Gen3? I've been wondering about that.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 5 Old 06-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Oooooo...your '08 as well, huh? Direct bolt-on for the Gen3? I've been wondering about that.
Sorry, I did not specify. It is not a direct bolt on for the 08. You will need 5mm spacers with a center hole larger than the bolt. Can't remember the exact measurements.

DB Screen, ASV Levers, PCIII, Yoshimura R-77 Slip-on, Front/Rear Galfer SBK Steel Braided brake lines, Nissin Calipers, Solo Seat Cowl, Fender Eliminator, Integrated tail light, K&N Filter, Anodized red oil/brake caps, Yosh bar ends, modded damper, rim tape, X-TRE, HID light (right side), Aluminum radiator fan, Fork/Frame/Swingarm sliders, 1/5th throttle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in