Gen 2: 2006-2007 06 zx10 map?? Please help !! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-30-2013, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

06 zx10 map?? Please help !!

Hi guys,

I am all new to the zx10 world and I am finding the low and mid power just isn't there, but when it hits high rpm it pulls like a train !! I have the pc 3 and using the map from there website for full Akrapovic Evolution Race full exhaust system & K&N Air filter. I am wondering if anyone has a custom map that they use or used that could fix up the low n mid power levels ?? I am new to the pc's and not sure how to adjust the maps yet..
I am at sea level and only running the Akrapovic Evolution Race full exhaust system & K&N Air filter.

Please help

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-30-2013, 09:53 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshie31 View Post
Hi guys,

I am all new to the zx10 world and I am finding the low and mid power just isn't there, but when it hits high rpm it pulls like a train !! I have the pc 3 and using the map from there website for full Akrapovic Evolution Race full exhaust system & K&N Air filter. I am wondering if anyone has a custom map that they use or used that could fix up the low n mid power levels ?? I am new to the pc's and not sure how to adjust the maps yet..
I am at sea level and only running the Akrapovic Evolution Race full exhaust system & K&N Air filter.

Please help

Thanks
ur gona need to change ur gearing to move the power delivery into the lower rpms. change sprockets to -1,+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
post #3 of 8 Old 06-30-2013, 10:07 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yup, what he said...also PM rifleman and for $25 he will send you a 1/5 throttle insert...best two mods for your money!

Quote:
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-30-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

So what sprocket set would you recommend for good low and mid torque without taking away to much from top end ??

Thanks again
post #5 of 8 Old 06-30-2013, 11:05 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

-1,+2 and ur lookinf at abt 175 topped but itll get there a bit quicker

Quote:
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
post #6 of 8 Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

ok sounds good. So when you say -1T on front and +2T on rear is that from the factory sprockets or the ones that is on it now ? Also its a 06 so how can I find out the chain pitch for this bike..

Thanks again
post #7 of 8 Old 07-01-2013, 10:17 AM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

The pitch is 525. Pm member riders discount and tell mike u have an 06 and would like to order a new chain and sprockets in 16 teeth and 42 teeth and he can handle it from there lol. I prefer EK brand chains and driven sprockets myself. They hold up very well

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Quote:
post #8 of 8 Old 07-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshie31 View Post
ok sounds good. So when you say -1T on front and +2T on rear is that from the factory sprockets or the ones that is on it now ? Also its a 06 so how can I find out the chain pitch for this bike..

Thanks again
I am happy to help, shoot me a PM!

Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 818. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in