06-07 Front Rotor suggestions - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 07-18-2010, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

06-07 Front Rotor suggestions

Bike: 06 ZX10r
Current setup: stock w/ braided lines

I'm trying to decide what the 'smartest' front rotor route is for my 10, hopefully some of the experienced members can chime in.
Understand that the bike will not see race time but consider that it will be used in a similar fashion; I am a fan of overkill.

So far I've ordered a Brembo 19RCS and Brembo HP billet calipers.

What diameter should I get and why (300/310/320)?

I've been thinking about the Brembo 320mm oversized kit (non T-drive), but is the extra 20mm worth it?

My other thought was to get the Braketech iron 300mm rotors.

Any tips/suggestions/experience/advice would be much appreciated.

-Ryan
06 ZX10r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
I've always ran EBC prolites for street use (and galfer wave's a couple times..no likie) but have never heard a bad thing about the brembo's...especially if the rest of your brake setup is the same brand...i don't think you'll be unhappy.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #3 of 20 Old 07-18-2010, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the input.

Any debatable reasons why I should go 320 over 310/300 or vise versa?

Does anyone know if there's an issue running 300's with the HP calipers?

-Ryan
06 ZX10r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 07-19-2010, 05:19 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to jdgun_13
No issue with running 300mm rotors with the HP's, as the spacer kit you get with them will be made for the 300mm rotors which are stock.
I run braketech wave rotors and no complaints thats for sure, running Brembo HP's, 19x18 brembo master, SBS sintered race (not recommended, very hard on rotors) & goodridge SBK lines..

I would say if you want to waste the money get brembo 310mm rotors...the 320's might give you some way tighter cleanace when putting the calipers on/off.
also they will be a bit heavier but more initial bite when braking.

If/when i mod the brakes again i will try the Braketech 310mm CMC rotors as lighter and will help the handling and work as well as anything else made period.
post #5 of 20 Old 07-19-2010, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

That's some great info JD, I appreciate it.

What size are the spacers that came with your kit? The HP kit I ordered is not zx10r specific so I will likely have to order the spacers seperately (probably through yoyodyneti.com).

Do you have any experience with iron rotors? The CMC rotors are amazing but I don't think they would be well suited for a bike that will likely never see track time.

-Ryan
06 ZX10r
post #6 of 20 Old 07-20-2010, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Does anyone know what size spacer is needed for the Brembo HP billet calipers so that they'll work with 300mm rotors?

-Ryan
06 ZX10r
post #7 of 20 Old 07-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I would happily reccomend any of the Braketech rotors, especially with their patented design to stop the 'Buttons' wearing. I went with there SS ones cos I wore out the 'Buttons on my O.E.M. rotors.
Only thing is it's weird at 1st hearing your rotors rattle when going slowly cos they are fully floating.

"Time Is A Creeping Thief"
Race intake cam:.050Head Gasket:Arata full Ti System:PC3 & custom map:Ivans TRE:Ohlins 46PRXLS & SBK piston kit,Kais Tuned:BST Carbon rims:ISR radial m/c & clutch:PP Tuning Rearsets:CBR Calipers:Underslung Brembo:Hel Brake Lines: Braketech Full Floating S/S Rotors:Champs adjusters & Sliders:Powerbronze carbon front fender-Hugger-Chainguard:Sprintpro Steering Damper:Cordona Quickshifter:Zero Gravity D.B: K&N Filter:Beowulf Rad Cover:R&G Tail Tidy:&xtras: 174 HP
post #8 of 20 Old 07-21-2010, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

mmmm

-Ryan
06 ZX10r
post #9 of 20 Old 07-21-2010, 11:29 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergotomine View Post
I would happily reccomend any of the Braketech rotors, especially with their patented design to stop the 'Buttons' wearing. I went with there SS ones cos I wore out the 'Buttons on my O.E.M. rotors.
Only thing is it's weird at 1st hearing your rotors rattle when going slowly cos they are fully floating.
How do the button on stock rotors wear out?

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
post #10 of 20 Old 07-21-2010, 12:53 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

If you have a Brembo master and Brembo calipers why not stick with Brembo rotors. Not trying to pick on you but if you are not really racing and going for a more bling factor matching always seems cooler!!!! Like Ohlins front forks with rear shock and steering damper. Just my opinion though. As far as spacers go you can by the spacer kit made for your ZX10R. Just before you do know if you are going to run oversized rotors or not then give a Brembo supplier a call and tell them. They will sell you the correct spacer kit. As far as size goes whatever you fancy since you are not racing with this setup. I've never had a problem getting calipers off with oversized rotors.

2005 ZX10R Track Bike With Way To Much Sh*t On It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in