05 zx10r brake upgrade - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 24
Posting Frequency
 
05 zx10r brake upgrade

Hi hope someone can help. I just got a set of 09zx6r nissin calipers complete with master cylinder and was wondering if I could use my original zx10r cylinder? as the lever and reservoir and lever is damaged on the zx6r master cylinder.
ZX-10yarder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Street Rider
 
p8er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Posting Frequency
 
I'm pretty sure you can but if I'm wrong someone will correct me
p8er is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Street Rider
 
gooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: tulsa, ok
Posts: 61
Posting Frequency
 
i would just buy another master cylinder. you will like the feel of a radial master cylinder better
gooch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 24
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch View Post
i would just buy another master cylinder. you will like the feel of a radial master cylinder better
isnt the cylender on the zx10r a radial unit? I can use the zx6 one but it means I will have to get a lever for it as I dont think the 10s lever will fit?
ZX-10yarder is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 03:30 AM
All show and all go 10r
 
JLG0987's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 5,921
Posting Frequency
         
i'll have a 08 stock mc for sale in a bit.
JLG0987 is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Street Rider
 
gooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: tulsa, ok
Posts: 61
Posting Frequency
 
no its not radial, the whole point in going to zx6 brakes and master cylinder is because the radial cylinder is better than the first gens non radial
gooch is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 07-16-2010, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 24
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch View Post
no its not radial, the whole point in going to zx6 brakes and master cylinder is because the radial cylinder is better than the first gens non radial
ok. looks like I will need to get a lever. Thanks for the info
ZX-10yarder is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 07-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
 
TMY10ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 11,423
Posting Frequency
Images: 10
           
Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch View Post
no its not radial, the whole point in going to zx6 brakes and master cylinder is because the radial cylinder is better than the first gens non radial
.....Exactly!! I think 40% the upgrade is the calipers and the other 60% goes to the radial master. mucho improvemento!!

.
.
Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.


........
TMY10ER is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 07-18-2010, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 24
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMY10ER View Post
.....Exactly!! I think 40% the upgrade is the calipers and the other 60% goes to the radial master. mucho improvemento!!
Checking ebay now for a lever however I did fit the calipers and went for a ride to bed the pads in. Much better but I think I will really notice the upgrade on the track.
ZX-10yarder is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 07-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Champion Rider
 
gomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 441
Posting Frequency
 
I put braided lines on and zx14 calipers and that is it, and 85% improvement or better.

05 Titanium
gomer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
06 rear brake upgrade? krakers10r Performance and Tech 30 05-23-2010 06:58 AM
Vesrah brake upgrade idaveyboy The ZX-10R 0 03-01-2010 05:32 PM
Brake Upgrade for 06-07 ZX-10R ZX-JIM Performance and Tech 9 05-27-2009 05:36 PM
brembo brake upgrade roland5color Pictures and Videos 9 06-09-2008 04:43 PM
need brake upgrade help on 05 luckythedog Performance and Tech 1 06-12-2007 03:40 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome