05 zx10r advice with mods and dyno checklist - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Arrow 05 zx10r advice with mods and dyno checklist

okay guys this is my first post on this site and i just wanted to let everyone know that i absolutley love this site and have learned tons of this about my bike. I've had my 05 zx10r for about a year and recently all my friends started buying gsxr's, yea i know lol, but anyways my buddy johnathan really hurt my feelings when his 05 gsxr1000 waxed my @ss and i mean waxed every race. His bikes completely stock. THere all getting newer bikes and i want to be able to possibly be the fastest if possible. I can hang with the newer gsxr 1000's but not the 05 which kinda pisses me off lol. So im getting mod fever and really want to up my hp and speed. Me loosing weight is out of the question i weigh 188 and im 6'4". Right now i have a yoshi slip on, k&n, and secondaries removed. I dont really want to change my gearing b/c we ride hwys alot so thats out. I just ordered a pc3 today and im really looking into a full exhaust. Any suggestions on the type of full exhaust and which ones have the biggest hp gains. also after i get a full exhaust what should i do before i get a custom dyno. I was thinking about putting a different intake cam and the thinner headgasket on it but wanted to wait later on down the road for that. Would i need to get it re dynoed if i waited. I just want any mod thats relatively cheap (under $500) to be on my bike before i get it dynoed. Im not loaded ill just save my money and wait lol. thanks for the input guys yal are great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

You got waxed in every race? What kind of race? How much is due to the bike and how much to the rider?

Green '04
post #3 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Kinda curious about what kind of race y'all were doing? 1/5 throttle mod is a must and depending on how stupidly fast you like to go, change up the gearing, -1 +2 or 3. That will get you off the line a shit ton faster and improve low and mid range. Shouldn't cost more that 175 bucks either.

Try painting it black too. It's the fastest color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lougots View Post
You got waxed in every race? What kind of race? How much is due to the bike and how much to the rider?
post #5 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 04:56 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

05 gixxer

05 gixxers are fast in any kind of race.
they aint no joke.
post #6 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hi Dude,My old Gixxer 1000 2k5 maked 157whp.Slip-on,bmc Filter,Pc3 custom tuned!I sold them!Now,Zx10 2k5,full exhaust Akrapovic Evo,bmc filter,pc3,dynojet map-first dyno run:161whp,Run 2-custom tuned:173 whp!stock gearing!Bye Bye Gixxxxxer!
post #7 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 06:12 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
05 gixxers are fast in any kind of race.
they aint no joke.
x2... but to the thread starter i would suggest regearing the bike -1 to start and if thats not good enough go up +2 or 3 in the back, this will improve your low/mid range power and help you jump out in front of them gixxers and wax there ass's

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #8 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 08:09 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

To OP this has been covered pretty well but look for an Akrapovic, Arrow, Arata, Beet, Leo Vince or any one of the other top line exhaust. Yes you will need a 2nd dyno tune if you decide to do cam and head gasket later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
post #9 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike1161 View Post
okay guys this is my first post on this site and i just wanted to let everyone know that i absolutley love this site and have learned tons of this about my bike. I've had my 05 zx10r for about a year and recently all my friends started buying gsxr's, yea i know lol, but anyways my buddy johnathan really hurt my feelings when his 05 gsxr1000 waxed my @ss and i mean waxed every race. His bikes completely stock. THere all getting newer bikes and i want to be able to possibly be the fastest if possible. I can hang with the newer gsxr 1000's but not the 05 which kinda pisses me off lol. So im getting mod fever and really want to up my hp and speed. Me loosing weight is out of the question i weigh 188 and im 6'4". Right now i have a yoshi slip on, k&n, and secondaries removed. I dont really want to change my gearing b/c we ride hwys alot so thats out. I just ordered a pc3 today and im really looking into a full exhaust. Any suggestions on the type of full exhaust and which ones have the biggest hp gains. also after i get a full exhaust what should i do before i get a custom dyno. I was thinking about putting a different intake cam and the thinner headgasket on it but wanted to wait later on down the road for that. Would i need to get it re dynoed if i waited. I just want any mod thats relatively cheap (under $500) to be on my bike before i get it dynoed. Im not loaded ill just save my money and wait lol. thanks for the input guys yal are great
Mod #1 First off you're running extremely lean with the secondaries removed, filter, and slip-on (possibly hurting your torque and not gaining much hp). You have to add more fuel to the mix, so first off you need a pc3 to get anywhere with what you already have and what is to come.

Mod #2 & #3 Gut your Cat (biggest mod difference outside full exhaust). Front sprocket down one tooth at least. I know your against it and I was too until i lowered mine -1 +2. You will fly past anyone with these 6 mods (secondaries removed, filter, slip-on, gutted cat, and gearing).

If you want more hp, get velocity stacks, smog block, X-TRE, for starters (these will also make a big difference).

Good luck
post #10 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

It's a 1st gen so the Cats are in the stock exhaust canister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in