Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

05 ZX 10R Clutch

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  TheBoss10R 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I would use kawasaki clutches.I used barnett once in my gsxr750,3000 miles later clutches were gone.Plus the barnetts were never as smooth as the stock clutches.I just replaced clutches in my 04 zx10.I used kawasaki fibers but did not replace the metal plates just cleaned up with emory cloth.Also
are your clutches bad or for some reason do you just want to change them?

#7 ·
I have 4400 miles on my bike and a guy I ride with that works at the kawi dealership rode my bike yesterday and said the clutches were going out... Does this sound right at those miles and how hard of a job is this to do should I pay them 75 dollars to do it or should I do it myself? A how to with pics would be nice... Where is the cheapest place to get the Kawi clutches???

#12 ·
No-Mo said:
I have 4400 miles on my bike and a guy I ride with that works at the kawi dealership rode my bike yesterday and said the clutches were going out... Does this sound right at those miles and how hard of a job is this to do should I pay them 75 dollars to do it or should I do it myself? A how to with pics would be nice... Where is the cheapest place to get the Kawi clutches???
Use the search function, there are at least 3 different how-to's concerning clutch replacement on here. One by me, one by Vonstallin and another by Diablo or ElDiablo I can't remember which at the moment. Also, 4.4kmi you shouldn't need a new clutch unless you beat it badly.

#20 ·
the zx10r has a stop watch and lap counter and all the tech. and sus. to be a road racing bike-any info on the bike is race related and I have been racing bikes for 6 years and teach racing cars for a living for skip barber racing school
the bike is a very well built race bike-drag racing is just a bore

#21 ·
bush102 said:
the zx10r has a stop watch and lap counter and all the tech. and sus. to be a road racing bike-any info on the bike is race related and I have been racing bikes for 6 years and teach racing cars for a living for skip barber racing school
the bike is a very well built race bike-drag racing is just a bore
It doesn't hurt it any less than drag racing it. But if you wanna make this an debate b/w track racing and drag racing, that's just personal opinion, and you're entitled to yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.