05 Winter Project - Valve Adjustment Required?
So I've recently started my winter project and thanks to the help I got in this forum from other members its been a breeze so far. The following is a list of what I've purchased for my 10.
1. Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator
2. Puig Racing Double Bubble Windscreen
3. K&N Performance Air Filter
4. Two Brothers Racing M2 M5 VALE Slip On
5. Carbone Lorraine SBK-5 Front Pads
6. Carbone Lorraine RX3 Street Rear Pads
7. RK Chain / Vortex Sprockets 520 Chain Conversion Kit
8. EBC SRK Clutch Rebuild Kit
9. APE Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
10. Western Powersports Battery
11. Odds and Ends (Tank pad, stickers etc)
I've already installed the fender eliminator kit, brake pads, air filter, double bubble, exhaust, chain and sprokets, manual cam chain tensioner and battery.
I have two tasks left on my list to do and these are the clutch install and valve check. From installing clutches on my old 750Z and from what I've read here on this forum I'm confident this task should be easy and I'm not overly concerned about it, however I am concerned about tackling the valve job on my own since I've never done a job like this.
My 05 has just over 23 000kms on it and a friend of mine said I should be getting the valves checked soon. Are there symptoms of valves needing adjustment and is this something that needs to checked ASAP? This is something I will have to try myself since the nearest shop that can check these for me is about 4 hours away. If I don't check/adjust the valves what risk am I taking?
Thanks again for everything folks, thus far you guys made things much easier for me.
Last edited by muggz; 03-11-2011 at 11:01 AM.