05-06 GSXR 1000 brake calipers on 07 ZX10R - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 10-24-2007, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider
 
Wind Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 325
Posting Frequency
 
05-06 GSXR 1000 brake calipers on 07 ZX10R

Hi guys...

Since everyone is having problems with the zx10r brakes... I was wondering if the 05-06 GSXR 1000 brake calipers would be a direct bolt on to the 07 ZX10R?

Thanks for the help!
Wind Draft is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 Old 10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Retired post whore
 
Alien10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,463
Posting Frequency
Images: 10
           
Don't know if the gixxer brakes will work but your best bet is to go with either 07 ZX-6 calipers and master cylinder or 06-07 ZX-14 calipers and master cylinder. Either system is a direct swap and work great. I have a ZX-14 master cylinder for sale if you are interested: https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46942. A few of the members here have done the conversion and everyone is very happy with the results. I'm in the process of changing over my 04 now.
Alien10 is offline  
post #3 of 28 Old 10-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Champion Rider
 
toxic donkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 360
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien10 View Post
Don't know if the gixxer brakes will work but your best bet is to go with either 07 ZX-6 calipers and master cylinder or 06-07 ZX-14 calipers and master cylinder. Either system is a direct swap and work great. I have a ZX-14 master cylinder for sale if you are interested: https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46942. A few of the members here have done the conversion and everyone is very happy with the results. I'm in the process of changing over my 04 now.
i got some 14 calipers on the way, but whats the difference in master cylinders? isnt the 06 10r mc a nissin as well??
toxic donkey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 28 Old 10-25-2007, 06:38 PM
I really need to get out of the house
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 34,537
Posting Frequency
Images: 38
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic donkey View Post
but whats the difference in master cylinders? isnt the 06 10r mc a nissin as well??
no diff and yes the 06 is a Nissin radial MC.

BD




Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Big Daddy is offline  
post #5 of 28 Old 10-25-2007, 06:48 PM
WSB Rider
 
Quig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bakersfield, Ca.
Posts: 571
Posting Frequency
  
I tried different sets of calipers off a ZX-6R with no success, I also tried a ZX-6R master cyl and it worked wonders. I still went ahead and bought a Brembo and am using it with the stock calipers and am very happy with the braking.
Quig is offline  
post #6 of 28 Old 10-25-2007, 08:19 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,830
Posting Frequency
   
Though the MC may be the same brand, does not mean they push the same level of fluid.

Test test test when you go swap'n before going balls out into a turn.
06450F is offline  
post #7 of 28 Old 10-25-2007, 11:17 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 95
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Draft View Post
Hi guys...

Since everyone is having problems with the zx10r brakes... I was wondering if the 05-06 GSXR 1000 brake calipers would be a direct bolt on to the 07 ZX10R?

Thanks for the help!
Ive heard the Gixxer brakes are worse than ours.
JerkFace is offline  
post #8 of 28 Old 10-26-2007, 02:25 AM
I really need to get out of the house
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 34,537
Posting Frequency
Images: 38
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06450F View Post
Though the MC may be the same brand, does not mean they push the same level of fluid.
in this particular case it does as they are all Nissin with 16mm pistons.

BD




Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Big Daddy is offline  
post #9 of 28 Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 PM
WSB Rider
 
Quig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bakersfield, Ca.
Posts: 571
Posting Frequency
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
in this particular case it does as they are all Nissin with 16mm pistons.

BD
But the designs are slightly different in some cases. I compared the MC's from my '06 10 back to back with one off an '06 ZX-6R and the one off the 600 worked considerably better. The feel was better and fade was significantly less. In fact there was almost NO fade. My 10 MC faded miserably...

Quig is offline  
post #10 of 28 Old 10-26-2007, 02:05 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 59
Posting Frequency
 
14r calipers is the way to go. My friends 10r got some and i think it stops better.
myfirstzx10r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'05 ZX10r vs. K6 GSXR 1000 mjg68901 Race and Stunt 12 06-19-2007 10:49 PM
04 ZX10R or 06 GSXR 1000??? s4255 The ZX-10R 34 01-14-2007 01:41 AM
2002 gsxr 1000 vs zx10r nandos_zx10r The ZX-10R 13 06-17-2005 10:20 PM
zx10r vs 04 gsxr 1000 1killer1liter Strip 26 04-14-2005 11:43 AM
ZX10R takes quarter mile in NYC against GSXR 1000. probono1 Race and Stunt 17 09-01-2004 03:59 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome