04 dyno run - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

04 dyno run

so I finally got it to the dyno. Bike had a super dry chain(im a dummy) But I still pulled a 153.8 and 73.3 ft lbs of torque. The dyno guy said that his dyno is stingy and always reads about 10 hp less than any other one hes tried...

heres a quick clip(sound came out terrible)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wliAn5WBCM

and im scanning the dyno sheets right now.Im not good at reading air/fuel maps,neither is the dyno guy at the shop. He wasnt even sure how to print the proper one out(its a custom bike shop and he says its not worth tuning the a/f on them..lol) but it looks shitty to me, might have to trade the techlusion box in for a pc3. But any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

im not an expert either but shouldnt the a/f ration be like 13.5:1 or around that.
post #3 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to axo250
Yeah you are running pretty rich and it shouldn't have that much jump around in the rpm range. It should be pretty steady. Just need to get a PC on there and have it mapped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
yeah a power commander would defintly help out on keeping the power smooth, looks like runnin a lil to lean actually for your top end... you wanna be at around 12.7 just about on the dyno for good street hp numbers.
post #5 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 10:58 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to axo250
... should have looked at more than the low end. my fault. by the way, your numbers aren't terribly low for a stock bike. if you have a full system on your bike, his dyno maybe be off by about 10 or so.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 12:47 AM

Posting Frequency

just like the guy said his #'s are different....all dyno's read different....if you wanna see what kind of difference you are making you will have to go the same dyno but then again air temp will throw a dyno reading off
post #7 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i have a full akra exhaust. The bike pulls hard and runs super smooth with no dropouts or flat spots.....the a/f kinda surprised me.
post #8 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 01:01 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentourismo View Post
i have a full akra exhaust. The bike pulls hard and runs super smooth with no dropouts or flat spots.....the a/f kinda surprised me.
Theres no way it could be smooth with that kind of air/fuel... you want the air/fuel to as close to a straight line as possible! The guy sounds like he doesnt know what the f*ck hes doing. I would go to a dynojet authorized dealer and have them set ur bike up. With a full akra on a dynojet you should see 160+ hp out of your bike easy.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversv1k View Post
Theres no way it could be smooth with that kind of air/fuel... you want the air/fuel to as close to a straight line as possible! The guy sounds like he doesnt know what the f*ck hes doing. I would go to a dynojet authorized dealer and have them set ur bike up. With a full akra on a dynojet you should see 160+ hp out of your bike easy.
I can assure you that the bike runs smooth, only thing I get is some backfiring on decel, but not much. And yes the guy didnt really know what he was doing, he runs a chopper shop and doesnt deal with sportbikes or tuning to make precision power. However, it is the only bike dyno on vancouver island. And it doesnt mean that the dyno cant be calibrated or run a little different from others, from what i hear all dynos run different.
Plus, he wasnt tuning my bike, I just wanted to see what type of numbers i would put down, and check the air/fuel while I did that.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 03:07 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentourismo View Post
I can assure you that the bike runs smooth, only thing I get is some backfiring on decel, but not much. And yes the guy didnt really know what he was doing, he runs a chopper shop and doesnt deal with sportbikes or tuning to make precision power. However, it is the only bike dyno on vancouver island. And it doesnt mean that the dyno cant be calibrated or run a little different from others, from what i hear all dynos run different.
Plus, he wasnt tuning my bike, I just wanted to see what type of numbers i would put down, and check the air/fuel while I did that.
Hey if you're happy man thats all that matters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in