04 10R FI Light Always On - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 06-05-2007, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

04 10R FI Light Always On

I recently purchased an 04 10r, and it is my first kaw. I didn't think to much of it when i bought it about the FI light coming on as i knew it had a pc3 usb, derestrictor mod and micron exhaust, but after reading stuff here, should it really be on all the time? Bike seems to run fine, a lil soft down low, but strong mid and up top. Does do the poof, and shoots a blue flame on decel sometimes(more lately) I don't have a service manual, and im looking for any kind of help i can get? Thanks

Also why are there not pdf downloads for 04/05 10r service manuals? Is it that hard to get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Either the tre is hooked up wrong, or the pc3 is.

I'm going to guess that maybe the previous owner just removed the servo motor for the stock exhaust when the put on the micron (full exhaust?)

The right way to do it is remove the cables and not the box. You can move the box for more room or buy ivan's servo elimiator which is an option for you if I am right about the servo being gone.

There are pictures around if you search enough.

There have been pdf downloads avail, may still be, I guess links die.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #3 of 26 Old 06-05-2007, 09:16 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Try and pull the FI code(s). They will tell you what is wrong. I believe the SM tells you how to jumper the plugs and what the codes mean. There is a pdf for the 04/05 on this site.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 06-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Grogan View Post
Try and pull the FI code(s). They will tell you what is wrong. I believe the SM tells you how to jumper the plugs and what the codes mean. There is a pdf for the 04/05 on this site.
Good point, but it's real easy to look under the seat and see if there is a box with a wheel and two cables coming out of it. Or listen for it to make noise at key up.

If not the servo being gone will throw a code.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

post #5 of 26 Old 06-05-2007, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

It is just a high mount micron. Ive already checked the servo and its all still there and hooked up. The previous owner said the light had always been on, and i already checked the connections on the pc3 and they are correct. The only thing is im not sure about is the derestrictor(danos tre) I don't really know that much about it or how its supposed to be hooked up, or even where for that matter? I hate backtracking what was done to a bike!!

Hey larry i searched this place high and low for an 04/05 SM and came up empty handed. Could only find the 06/07SM. You know the thread?
post #6 of 26 Old 06-05-2007, 11:25 PM
SPLAT!!!

Posting Frequency

"It is just a high mount micron. Ive already checked the servo and its all still there and hooked up. The previous owner said the light had always been on, and i already checked the connections on the pc3 and they are correct. The only thing is im not sure about is the derestrictor(danos tre) I don't really know that much about it or how its supposed to be hooked up, or even where for that matter? I hate backtracking what was done to a bike!!"

MY bike did the same thing, as soon as i put on my pc3 ( with servo cables intact) and after i put in my danos TRE it didnt change nothin, but the bike runs fine. I was just gonna wait untill i got a custom map and see if that helps. Now my servo cables are unhooked (moira) but apparently makes no diff.
post #7 of 26 Old 06-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTStang330 View Post
It is just a high mount micron. Ive already checked the servo and its all still there and hooked up. The previous owner said the light had always been on, and i already checked the connections on the pc3 and they are correct. The only thing is im not sure about is the derestrictor(danos tre) I don't really know that much about it or how its supposed to be hooked up, or even where for that matter? I hate backtracking what was done to a bike!!

Hey larry i searched this place high and low for an 04/05 SM and came up empty handed. Could only find the 06/07SM. You know the thread?
Bunch of people over time have put the tre on the wrong side of the bikes connections. It should be on the wires leading back to the ecu- not the part attatched to the motor.

The other thing that has happened a bunch is the pins don't always get seated well when people replace the connector that goes to the tre.

The fi light should not be on with tre, pc3 or any of that.

post #8 of 26 Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTStang330 View Post

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40294

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
post #9 of 26 Old 06-07-2007, 07:39 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

My light came on after I put my TRE and block off plates on. I seem to remember that I left my temperature sensor unplugged. The FI codes told me what it was. Yours may be as simple as something that the previos owner left unplugged, running the codes may save you some time on the turd hunt.

post #10 of 26 Old 06-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Find the orange (and brown?) female connector (I'm not sure where its located, I've got it in a car), ground it, and turn the key to on. The FI light will flash slow, then fast, and repeat. The slow group of flashes is the first digit, and the fast group is the second digit of the trouble code. The ecu will flash all codes in memory, and then repeat the list as long as the key is left on. This procedure, and the codes, are in the manual. If you fix the problem and repeat this code dump procedure, the associated code should disappear from the list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in