04/05 ZX10R PCIII owners... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-21-2006, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

04/05 ZX10R PCIII owners...

I know in another thread it is being discussed where to mount the PCIII. The trunk is very scarce in the first place, adding a PCIII is not really a ideal answer to a already compounded problem.

I first installed mine next to the exhaust servo by moving the barometric sensor into the ecm compartment and placing the PCIII next to the servo, but I was not happy with that arrangment.

Tonight I got bored, wanted to change back over from my passanger pegs to my race hanger as I am going to a track day in about a week and needed to pull the servo cables as they are not needed anymore so I found a better location for the PCIII.

In order to do this you are probably going to have to remove the servo cables which means if you have not already you may have to unhook your servo butterfly. If you want to spend some extra time trying to modify the location you can, but I already had my servo unhooked and just needed to take the time to remove the cables.

Once the cables are off choose a under seat side panel side, I used the right side as my speedohealer is under my left side as it is closer to the speedo sensor there.

I then used the zip tie spots on the PCIII and zipped mine into place. Once the bike is buttoned up the side panel cover just barely touches the PCIII. I know some will say it is not protected in the event of rain or a fall. I dont ride in the rain nor do I wash my bike so that was not a issue, and if the bike goes down I am sure I will have other problems other than if my PCIII got any damage. The sides of the subframe in these spots are recessed in pretty far so I would think it would take a pretty hard hit to damage the PCIII.

Here is my pic of mine location.

Nice thing about this is one bolt and the tuner or you have access to the PCIII to upload maps or make changes.

Hope this helps some of you and maybe gives the 06 guys some ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01450.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	14644  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-21-2006, 02:48 AM

Posting Frequency

hmm thats not a bad idea... I want to find this thing this guy was tellin me about that replaces the tail section on our bikes with one about the size of a 929 hoda
post #3 of 5 Old 04-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Sorry sneaky but I beat you to it. LOL I'll give you some rep though.
https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13731

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-21-2006, 07:44 AM

Posting Frequency

That's an excellent idea for placement of the PCIII... I'll have to copy that idea if I ever put one on my '10R...
post #5 of 5 Old 04-21-2006, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry SGT, didnt think to search it first. Everyone was always asking about the normal locations.

You know what they say, great minds think alike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in