Gen 2: 2006-2007 **HELP**Retrofit Gen 3 Exhaust to Gen 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-29-2011, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

**HELP**Retrofit Gen 3 Exhaust to Gen 2

Hey folks I just bought some slipons for my ZX10R 2007 and I just cant get past the fat look of the tail. I want a cleaner look. So I was thinking maybe I could retro fit a slipon from a GEN3 to my GEN2. I want to know a couple things..

1)Will they mount up to the collector ?
2)How much clearance difference is there? I dont have a problem dremeling out a notch here and there...
3)Will the bike lose power seeing since the gen2 headers are designed for a Dual system? If so would a Gen3 header bolt up to a Gen 2? All oem not aftermarket .. I truly cant justify a full system on a bike that already rips the rider off of the bike unless Im drag racing !!

thanks fellas as usual your awesome . I appreciate all you guys offer @!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

After careful review of others feedback on a single pipe Ive opted to keep the dual setup but its interesting no one has any feedback on this issue I cant be the only one who wanted to do this or has done it...
post #3 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

Get a racefit single side mount for it and it will look cherry! I've heard with a little cutting of the fairing and a little work you can mount mid-pipes off the stock 2nd headers for a side mount! Those undertails look horrible comparing it to a bike with out it!

https://www.racefit.co.uk/shop/store...GRWKWZX10R0607
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzx10r View Post
Get a racefit single side mount for it and it will look cherry! I've heard with a little cutting of the fairing and a little work you can mount mid-pipes off the stock 2nd headers for a side mount! Those undertails look horrible comparing it to a bike with out it!

https://www.racefit.co.uk/shop/store...GRWKWZX10R0607
Yessir it does ... Noow I was wanting to take a 20008 and make it fit on my 2007 . Just woould like to know iif anyone has done it and if so what level of modifications are needed. Basically are the headers the same size , shape and not interfere with the lowers. If i knew someone who just had one cheap id try iit out myself . :headshake
post #5 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 02:39 AM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

The headers are not the same but very close + the 2nd gen has titanium where the 3rd gen is stainless. The lowers will have to be cut on the left side aka trimming. I've seen a few threads mention this.

I say this, why not order a slip on for a few $$$ bucks and call it that!
post #6 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 10:16 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
contact edouble on here...he did this! and I hear a akro evo for 04-05 is direct fit..no mods. was gonna try before I bought the arata for my gen2..good luck.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Late Apex

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel10R View Post
contact edouble on here...he did this! and I hear a akro evo for 04-05 is direct fit..no mods. was gonna try before I bought the arata for my gen2..good luck.
Thanks dude ...Gives me something to look for once i finish troubleshooting my cut out issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in