ZX10R Vs. CBR1000RR Video - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 07-05-2004, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

ZX10R Vs. CBR1000RR Video

I did a 2nd gear roll on with a friend of mine yesterday and got it on video. He has a CBR1000RR. Full akro, pc3 with arko map, 16t front, 39t rear. My ZX10R has Muzzy slip-on, pc3 with two bros map (Muzzy map really sucked!), 16t front, 39t rear. We started in second gear. The start was clean. I jumped out on the start. The 1000RR caught me on top and got me. It is 3/4 mile run. I was poping the limiter way before we finished. Whoever rated the cbr as a slug in those magazines is full of it cause this is one fast Honda.
I changed my gearing to 17t front, 41t rear. We are going to run them again tomorrow.

His 1000rr confirmed with radar gun 184mph with 16/39 gearing
My ZX10R confirmed with radar gun 175mph with 16/39 gearing

http://webpages.charter.net/ttbr/zx10rvs1000rr.wmv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 07-05-2004, 03:13 AM

Posting Frequency

His full system to your slip on will make some difference no doubt, going up to 41 on the rear will be almost be the same as having a 16 on the front unless that was your stock gearing, our bikes in Oz come out 17/39.
Still pretty good run and both are very close in performance. 8)
post #3 of 31 Old 07-05-2004, 10:46 AM

Posting Frequency

very dissappointed to hear that but his bike is faster than yours. no matter what you do with the gearing you have no chance. I saw that there is two bike lengths. with a full system and exact mapping you could get him. The advantage of the full system is after the top end. With stock headers after you hit the top end the powercurve goes downhill whereas with the full system after the top end it still goes and that makes the difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 07-05-2004, 11:45 AM
D

Posting Frequency

As mentioned the full system will give some gain on top end - dunno how much though.

Also - what was the weight difference between both riders?

I rolled on with a stock 02 R1 yesterday and really didn't beat him by much - he weighed 165 and I'm 230 so I didn't feel too bad.

We didn't get the chance to swap bikes and try it that way - my feeling is that my 10 woulda killed me on his R1 :D
post #5 of 31 Old 07-05-2004, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by D
As mentioned the full system will give some gain on top end - dunno how much though.

Also - what was the weight difference between both riders?

I rolled on with a stock 02 R1 yesterday and really didn't beat him by much - he weighed 165 and I'm 230 so I didn't feel too bad.

We didn't get the chance to swap bikes and try it that way - my feeling is that my 10 woulda killed me on his R1 :D
The rider on the 1000rr weighs 215lbs., I weigh 180lbs, so weight was not in his favor. His bike is just fast! Moments before our run together, he ran 184mph. In the video my zx10 was bouncing on the rev limiter 100 yds before the finish, so my gearing was not perfect for the run. I went back to 17/41, so now my bike should carry the revs farther and allow a higher top speed. If anything we will probably see a photo finish now.
post #6 of 31 Old 07-05-2004, 07:59 PM

Posting Frequency

Just curious, have you guys done a dyno for your bikes? same dyno same day, would be interesting to see how much of a difference there is.
post #7 of 31 Old 07-05-2004, 09:19 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

YEEHAAW!!!!
post #8 of 31 Old 07-06-2004, 12:29 AM

Posting Frequency

you mentioned that muzzy map was bad. did you dyno it or you just ride it and felt bad. If so you may try to dynotune your bike and find exact mapping, probably your bike has a bad setup. zx10 has much more potential than 1000rr but bad setting could put your bike back. I would suggest for 3/4 mile run 2 up from rear sprocket. Considering the weight difference shows that his bike is really fast but if you are popping at the rew limiter that makes a lot of difference.

we should get this cbr otherwise ı will be very disappointed. I think your bike needs to be dynotuned with a custom map. If you put a good full system that will make a lot of difference as well. ı will go with a full akra though.

good luck
post #9 of 31 Old 07-06-2004, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44
you mentioned that muzzy map was bad. did you dyno it or you just ride it and felt bad. If so you may try to dynotune your bike and find exact mapping, probably your bike has a bad setup. zx10 has much more potential than 1000rr but bad setting could put your bike back. I would suggest for 3/4 mile run 2 up from rear sprocket. Considering the weight difference shows that his bike is really fast but if you are popping at the rew limiter that makes a lot of difference.

we should get this cbr otherwise ı will be very disappointed. I think your bike needs to be dynotuned with a custom map. If you put a good full system that will make a lot of difference as well. ı will go with a full akra though.

good luck

The map Muzzy sent me was just plain bad! bike ran very bad in all rpm ranges. It must have been made at their location, higher altitude than I am at. A custom map would be the way to go but there is no one in my area that has the knowledge to do this!

As for the sprockets. His 1000rr came stock with 16/41. He put the 39t rear on just to see if he could get over 180mph.(radar'd, not indicated) He is going back to the 16/41 gearing. I geared mine 16/41 and it was to short. I went to 16/39 and it was closer to the right gearing for 3/4 mile, but not right. 17/41 should be just right. As for the full system. I don't see spending $1300+ to get 5-8 extra hp than I already have. Thats about $162 per hp. The two bros map is the best one that works for me right now, until some one makes a better muzzy map.
I have been waiting for some one to blame it on rider error, or say I don't know how to do a roll on. Every shift was at 13000rpm. I couldn't shift any faster unless I had an air shifter or a quick shifter. :roll:
post #10 of 31 Old 07-06-2004, 04:06 AM

Posting Frequency

http://www.akrapovic-ai.si/main/cata...ts-catalog.htm

go visit this page above you will see that when you shift at 13000rpm or little below there is 11,5 hp difference. At the top end there may be around 7 hp however as we all know we dont shift at the peak we shift it after the peak so for the next gear we get a good hp.

so imagine what difference 11.5 hp will make when you shift at 13000. furthermore this is without a powercommender. I believe that with a well tuned pc you will get more out of it.

that will make a lot of difference. but if you dont want to spend money thats up to you.

I also owned zx 7s. 89-90-91-93. Thats the bike ı love most. However it is carburated and I do not remember that ıt has air fuel sensor (11 years ago) I also remember that I used to jet it with bigger jets at the inside cylinders than outside cylinders.

you mentioned that your friend went 2 down from the rear. All the bikes out of the factory are tall geared to compensate the back wind and downhill factor in some case. So going down 2 from rear will not serve for top speed because the bike will never have enough hp to pull with this gearing. Therefore without any mods going 2 up from rear will give you what you need but if you have mods and extra hp than stock since you have more power maybe 1 up from rear may be enough.

you may try to disconnect the pc and run with stock ecu and just the pipe will give you good power ı think. because a wrong map could put you down of your stock hp.

ı also dont like to spent to much money but in my country we pay 16.000$$ already for the bike and I can not stand to get passed by another bike and I also ı dont like to mess with the exup system but a full akra makes a lot of difference. you feel the extra hp at the 12k 13k rpm range and thats what pull the bike inch by inch from the other and for myself the satisfaction worth any penny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in