Ya wonder why we cant get a WSBK Result ? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-15-2008, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Ya wonder why we cant get a WSBK Result ?

Read this artical. Scroll down to Laconi's bike.
Test rider tested all of the top 08 World SBK bikes, read what he had to say about Laconi's Zed X 10, and what Laconi's mechanics said about the reasoning behind the test riders findings.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Nov/081112-jq.htm

I cant wait to see the new blood on the 10R in 2009 .

2010 BMW S1000RR- 2008 CBR1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-15-2008, 03:03 PM
SPLAT!!!

Posting Frequency

what a terrible comment, "he needs the padding to minimize weight transfer as he out-brakes his opponents deep into the corners. I pinched myself to avoid saying "yeah, but what about the other 90% of the time he's trying to ride it?"

he should of spoke up and asked IMO..............

post #3 of 11 Old 11-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

Interesting read.

I like this part:

Quote:
For years, I imagined all the factory Superbikes would have frightening power delivery, rev super fast, with more motor than any mortal could use. The Kawi was the only bike out of the four machines that matched the image fixed in my mind.
Doesn't win races.... But damn!!

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-15-2008, 04:15 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 925stunna View Post
what a terrible comment, "he needs the padding to minimize weight transfer as he out-brakes his opponents deep into the corners. I pinched myself to avoid saying "yeah, but what about the other 90% of the time he's trying to ride it?"

he should of spoke up and asked IMO..............
I would have asked, exactly who it is Laconi, was outbraking,
Nothing but a backmarker almost the whole year, I would also like to add, these stories where the jourlnalist get to ride the SBK's or the Moto GP bikes are almost completely worthless, they never get to make adjustments to fit the guys riding the bikes, they pretty much get on them, as they were setup for the pro riders that were on them, as you all know setup is key in making any bike fast, if the rider is 8 inches and 70lbs heavier than the rider the bike was set up for, do you really think it is going to work all that well

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #5 of 11 Old 11-15-2008, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
I would have asked, exactly who it is Laconi, was outbraking,
Nothing but a backmarker almost the whole year, I would also like to add, these stories where the jourlnalist get to ride the SBK's or the Moto GP bikes are almost completely worthless, they never get to make adjustments to fit the guys riding the bikes, they pretty much get on them, as they were setup for the pro riders that were on them, as you all know setup is key in making any bike fast, if the rider is 8 inches and 70lbs heavier than the rider the bike was set up for, do you really think it is going to work all that well

Laconi's 10 was the only bike the test rider was unable to get on with. He rode every other bike and got along with those bikes just fine.
Laconi set his bike up to crash out of almost every race this season. The only other racer I could think of that crashed as many times in 1 season would be Kurtis Roberts.

post #6 of 11 Old 11-15-2008, 07:44 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to jdgun_13
dude say what you will, but laconi would be a world champ in WSBK if his dumb ass could of settled for 2nd place, instead of bumping and grinding against toseland instead he crashed out. but since going to kawi he has sucked just like the bike.

kawasaki does not listen to the riders and honestly just does not seem to care about being a winner. kinda like going thru the motions.

So lets see, hire someone who can ride and help build a bike and do what they say and get some wins...otherwise do what you want with some decent riders and end in 8-15th all season.
Hell a stock 1098R with some suspension work with bayliss on board would most likely beat any WSBK kawi bike made in the last 5 years.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

"After riding his PSG-1 ZX-10R, I've realized it's actually due to the fact that he's been using his testicles to decelerate from 200 miles an hour."

Funniest review comment I've read in a long time!

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

i dont have too much faith in Laconi, but then again we shall see with the new guys saddled up

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #9 of 11 Old 11-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

well... I can say that Laconi is a kind of bull... you give him something working he can goes very fast but to set a bike??? ya don't know I don't think so actually...
He is very generous, nice and frank person and fast also... but unfortunatly not so smart...
so today with those bikes that needs to talk with engineers for being well settled... it is sure that Regis has some troubles...

However and this is what I do not like into this article and mostly this guy (I do not know who is this journalist and if were pilot by the past...)
but TAMADA had been even worst than Laconi and I guess he did not set his bike like Regis.... so ??? Do the guys in AMA championship did high performance with this kawi???
Is this guy had been mandated by Kawi to try to recover some positive points about kawi 10R 2008 by almost insulting Laconi??? Maybe...
Business is business
You know it s like the crash planes... When a plane crash it is always (almost) the fault of the pilots because the money involved is so crazy...
post #10 of 11 Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
dude say what you will, but laconi would be a world champ in WSBK if his dumb ass could of settled for 2nd place, instead of bumping and grinding against toseland instead he crashed out. but since going to kawi he has sucked just like the bike.

kawasaki does not listen to the riders and honestly just does not seem to care about being a winner. kinda like going thru the motions.

So lets see, hire someone who can ride and help build a bike and do what they say and get some wins...otherwise do what you want with some decent riders and end in 8-15th all season.
Hell a stock 1098R with some suspension work with bayliss on board would most likely beat any WSBK kawi bike made in the last 5 years.
Laconi HAD the best Ducati ! He was bumped out by Ducati for shit results .If Laconi was the rider you think he is, Ducati would have seen it and would have kept him on the team.
Put Laconi on anything other than the best factory Ducati and he sucks. Plain and simple. If the bike is not handed to him with the perfect set up he is done.
Rossi took the 1st year Yamaha M1 to a championship when everyone said the bike sucked. It takes a rider well versed in all aspects of set up and riding to make a bike work and then to become World Champion. Laconi aint got it, so, he will never be anything but a pilon for the best riders to have to go around.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in