Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

WSBK Spoiler

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  ducatibrandon 
#1 ·
Big :thumbsup: to Ben Spies for winning the second race at Phillip Island! Congrats Ben.

#4 ·
i have to admit i was wrong...i did not expect spies to be on the box much less win a race in the opening round....no doubt ben has the speed once he is out front...still remains to be seen how he does if he doesn't qualify up front and has to work his way through a pack....regardless he deserves a big :thumbsup: for his second race performance..

#12 · (Edited)
Well......if you watched the first race, you saw Ben avoid a crash by going off track then ending up in last (26th) as a result then went on to finish 16th passing many notables along the way and even posting up the fastest lap time while doing so.

So I don't think Ben will have any problems working his way through traffic.

#6 ·
that was a great race...haga is my favorite rider though...what i think makes world superbike so much better than motogp is there was four or five riders in that second race that could have won towards the end...motogp is just follow the leader and is very boring for me to watch...can't wait for the rest of the races...looking for tickets to miller right now to go and watch this year

#8 ·
ben on a new track on a new bike and winning like that is awesome! i wish he wouldnt have gotten pushed in race 1 but that is world super bike for ya.

#11 ·
I have to say that was such a fun race I will be watching and rooting for Spies the whole season as I believe it will also be the only fun racing to watch on TV. As far as Mladin making predictions I don't trust that guy other than trying to say if I was there kind of thing..he will have to prove it like Spies is trying to do on a different bike and series....I always had more respect for Spies than Mladin and Spies is showing why right off the bat in the 1st race in WSBK as he takes on all challenges no mater the Bike :thumsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.