WSBK maybe spoiler - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 03-01-2009, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

WSBK maybe spoiler

What the hell happened to Kawasaki in superbike? Aren't they using bikes that have had a year plus of development? Both BMW and Aprilia stomped all over Kawi. And they are both fielding spanking new bikes without nearly as much development. Suzuki sure knows how to field a new bike for racing.

If you gotta ask you can't afford it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 03-02-2009, 01:55 AM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by booken View Post
What the hell happened to Kawasaki in superbike? Aren't they using bikes that have had a year plus of development? Both BMW and Aprilia stomped all over Kawi. And they are both fielding spanking new bikes without nearly as much development. Suzuki sure knows how to field a new bike for racing.

I watched both races and superpole, and let me tell you they looked pitafull, flat out terible! They showed part of only one of Brock Parkes superpole run and that bike was all over the place, looked horribly unstable. Not gonna be a good year at all unless they get some serious R&D un.

Oh and all the dumb fucks that were calling Laconi a bum for the last few years, saying he sucked and could not ride the kawi, well, check his first weekend back on a competitive bike, speaks a thousand words, Kawi racing is a disaster!

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #3 of 23 Old 03-02-2009, 03:44 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Flemo
I feel the time has come for even the most avid Kawi fan to accept, with a hefty dose of realism, that the ZX10R is a good bike ... but not a great one. In terms of its racing pedigree, the bike has never really come close to its competitors - even after several years of development.

The fact that newcomers such as Aprilia and BMW whip the Kawi on first outing is just plain embarrassing.

Nobody can blame the riders. When they've changed to other rides, they've done remarkably well [Laconi; Nieto; etc] and yet the ZX10R languishes at the back of the field even with talented newcomers.

Sadly, exactly the same commentary could be made of the MotoGP series. Nakano did well when he left for Honda in 2007, and the brilliant Hopkins [4th in 2007] fell apart when trying to wrestle the ZX-RR. The only manufacturer not to score a podium, or even come close, last year - Dang !!

In summary, we need to come to the realisation that Kawasaki have been building crap race bikes for several years now. The factory engineers seem devoid of any ideas; the race team management were clueless; and the senior company executives prove themselves to be complete idiots following the MotoGP exit debacle.

As for me, I'll continue to ride my beast with pride for a bit longer ... but I'm equally resigned to the fact that my next ride will NOT be a Kawasaki. I simply can't bare the embarrassment much longer ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 03-02-2009, 03:58 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Sadly I have become used to NOT seeing a Kawi on the podium. Its a pitiful state of affairs.

post #5 of 23 Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
I watched both races and superpole, and let me tell you they looked pitafull, flat out terible! They showed part of only one of Brock Parkes superpole run and that bike was all over the place, looked horribly unstable. Not gonna be a good year at all unless they get some serious R&D un.

Oh and all the dumb fucks that were calling Laconi a bum for the last few years, saying he sucked and could not ride the kawi, well, check his first weekend back on a competitive bike, speaks a thousand words, Kawi racing is a disaster!
Laconi's even riding a NON-FACTORY Ducati 1098RS with DFX Corse, beating (badly mind you) the FACTORY Kawasaki team that he left. SAD! :headshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Sadly I have become used to NOT seeing a Kawi on the podium. Its a pitiful state of affairs.
A fuggin' shame. :headshake
post #6 of 23 Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do

Posting Frequency

Im glad this thread has come to light, i was sick after watching kawi's performance this weekend, what in the f*ck is the problem???? when a brand spankin new aprilla, bmw, gsxr 1K, & R1 whip a bike that has had a year's devolopment there is something terribly wrong. I love zx-10's but gosh dang are they really that shitty compaired to the others?

Rape is no laughing matter.
Unless you're raping a clown.
post #7 of 23 Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemo View Post
I feel the time has come for even the most avid Kawi fan to accept, with a hefty dose of realism, that the ZX10R is a good bike ... but not a great one. In terms of its racing pedigree, the bike has never really come close to its competitors - even after several years of development.

In summary, we need to come to the realisation that Kawasaki have been building crap race bikes for several years now. The factory engineers seem devoid of any ideas; the race team management were clueless; and the senior company executives prove themselves to be complete idiots following the MotoGP exit debacle.

You have got all of that right....from gen one through gen 3's...as a race bike they are an illusion..

Spies comes from a supposedly inferior racing series, gets on a brand new bike with essentially a never run in competion engine and look what he accomplishes in the second race in the opening series of the season.................

so much for AMA superbike riders can't compete on the world level...

I like my 06 10r and would not trade it for any other at the moment...but all the talk of .....(pick a generation) is going to kick butt on the track at a professional level is nothing but wishful thinking.
post #8 of 23 Old 03-03-2009, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

As far as WSBK goes I think the 06-07 10R was the most competitive. I think if Kawi just refined the 06 some more it would have been in the hunt. The 08-09's seem to do okay in club racing.

If you gotta ask you can't afford it.
post #9 of 23 Old 03-03-2009, 01:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Unfortunately our beloved ZX-10R though competitive in stock or mildly modified trim has never been very successful in the highest levels of competition. The best years to me would have to be when Chris Walker in 2004 and 2005, had scored numerous top 10 reults and many exciting finishes with my favourite being when he beat James Toseland on a factory Ducati on a fierce last lap battle.

Top tier racing success on most levels requires huge capital investment, and I think Kawi was the stingiest of the factory fielded teams. The ZX-10R is also notoriously difficult to set up which really doesn't help either.

My advice to Kawi is to sideline Yanagawa as their development rider, and hire someone like a Rossi with some insight in coming up with a clean sheet redesign. Although it won't be cheap to do, it would stem the tide of humiliation that Team Green inflicts on their reputation among their loyal fans. Finishing near the tail of the field does nothing to market your product. It's better not to race at all.

I finally understand what the R stand's for on my ZX-10R. It stands for "Rear guard" as we're often pulling up the rear. Perhaps instead of the Monster edition they should have done a new special called the ZX-10BE, for "Backmarkers Edition"
post #10 of 23 Old 03-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
yeah kawi needs to step the game up bigtime in racing. this season is going to be another great year for world superbike...well i guess except for kawi as we can assume they will be in the back of the pack with the bmw's...maybe oneday kawi will get their crap together for racing

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in