**SPOILER** WSBK from Laguna - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-19-2015, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

WSBK from Laguna

Had a really fun time at the races today. My buddies gf got asked to be an umbrella girl for Grillini Kawi, so we got to hang in the garage with them.

Every ticket included parking and all access this year so we went to the press conference after the second race and heard Davies, Rea, Sykes, and Torres.
Some interesting gossip before they brought the riders out. None of the teams/riders have contracts for next year except Camier and MV. Yamaha is coming back to WSBK with 2 Americans rumored: Nicky Hayden and Cam Beaubier.
Crowd seemed bigger this year than last year, but not to the level MotoGP used to be. They had gocarts in the parking lot to race, which was some good fun. Chris "teach" McNeil put on a sweet stunt show.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1437360941635.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	333818  

Fast parts, Great Service: PM Mike at Rider's Discount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-19-2015, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Watching the bikes accelerate out of 12 and onto the front straight is always fun.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1437365871026.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	333826   Click image for larger version

Name:	1437365898097.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	333834  

post #3 of 8 Old 07-20-2015, 12:32 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Didn't get to go this year :(

Wife was originally going to stay back and fill Woolich orders while I went and played, but she had family stuff come up last minute that required here going out of town which really sucks. Guess it saved me a few pennies.

They had the gokarts last year too I believe in the paddock area. Looked like loads of fun but I was too busy Ohhhhhhhhhhing and awwwwwwwwwing at everything haha. Still Laguna is one of my favorite places to go but we'll see come CoTA next year.

Looks pretty sweet that you got to hang in the garage, that is awesome!

Do you know anything about the huge crash in the MotoAmerica series that happened tonight? I saw a blurb online but couldn't find anything about the involved riders, and with MotoAmerica's TV coverage and online streaming sucking, we won't know. Said 5 bikes in all were involved, with two riders passing away in the crash; RIP to those riders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-20-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
Didn't get to go this year :(

Wife was originally going to stay back and fill Woolich orders while I went and played, but she had family stuff come up last minute that required here going out of town which really sucks. Guess it saved me a few pennies.

They had the gokarts last year too I believe in the paddock area. Looked like loads of fun but I was too busy Ohhhhhhhhhhing and awwwwwwwwwing at everything haha. Still Laguna is one of my favorite places to go but we'll see come CoTA next year.

Looks pretty sweet that you got to hang in the garage, that is awesome!

Do you know anything about the huge crash in the MotoAmerica series that happened tonight? I saw a blurb online but couldn't find anything about the involved riders, and with MotoAmerica's TV coverage and online streaming sucking, we won't know. Said 5 bikes in all were involved, with two riders passing away in the crash; RIP to those riders.
The weekend was one of those super fun, chatting with your friends about, reliving all the fun, types of weekends. And then I heard about the crash. We had left right before the race started, cause I had some lame excuse obligations to get back to.

?Two Riders Killed In MotoAmerica Event At Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Sad, sad day for the racing and motorcycle community

post #5 of 8 Old 07-20-2015, 11:15 AM
formerly GHOST RIDER

Posting Frequency

Great weekend over all. Got my Kawi. clothings. I to left before the last race.. R.I.P. riders..

Never forget who helped you!
Never forgive who fu*ked you.
Doing a trackday is like "SEX", no matter what happens you'll want to hit it again..
post #6 of 8 Old 07-20-2015, 11:32 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

regarding the crash, here it is. the video isn't too graphic but does show how many bikes were involved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km1Hp2tGjfc

Yoshimura ... DynoJet PCV ... ECUleashed flash ... BMC race airfilter ... DynoTuned ... K-Tech 20DDS Fork/Cartridges ... K-Tech 35DDS Rear Shock ... Rear Linkage kit ... Brembo T-Drive rotors ... Accossato Master Cylinder ... Vesrah pads ...
post #7 of 8 Old 07-20-2015, 12:33 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Very sad RIP to the two Spanish riders.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-20-2015, 06:34 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

I almost didnít make it prepped my bike the day before because itís 410miles round trip, thatís like going from Sacramento to Los Angeles. Anyway I needed to be on the road by 6:00am to make the 1st Race comfortably but I woke up with a sore throat, sneezing, head ache I knew it would be a rough ride so said screw it and went back to sleep after taking some Medicine figure I will have to miss it.

So later in the morning woke up made some Coffee walked into the Garage seen the bike there looking all purty with back pack next to it with all my gear ready but having a sad face itís stuck in the garage for a day Ö..I couldnít do it took a shower was on the road by 10:00am I knew I missed the first race but once I got on the road I knew it would be worth it once I am standing on top of the Cork Screw Mountain having a Cold One Watching WSBK at the best Track in the World!!!!

So I made it with an hour and change to spare after I checked in my gear, did a little shopping first. and headed up the Hill.

I left before the wreck didn't hear anything until I read this thread.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150719_141430_resized.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	479.5 KB
ID:	333898   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150719_141533_resized.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	552.2 KB
ID:	333906   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150719_143938(0)_resized.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	514.6 KB
ID:	333914  

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.

Last edited by bluedevil; 07-21-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in