wheres kawasaki? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 03-22-2011, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

wheres kawasaki?

I'm trying to start following racing this year and I really enjoyed watching the ama. Motogp was great too but how come kawi doesn't have a bike in the race!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-22-2011, 06:41 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Kawi is focusing on it's WSBK efforts, so no Moto GP racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
post #3 of 21 Old 03-22-2011, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Ok so is that on speed as well? I live in ny. When could I catch a race and what channel? Sorry for being a noob but is one higher skilled than the next? Or just organizations run by different people?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 03-22-2011, 07:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

AMA is just US stuff. WSBK (World Superbike) is 1000cc machines loosely based on the stock machines, I'm honestly not 100% on what components they share and what they don't. MotoGP currently uses 800cc "prototype" machines, which basically equates to anything goes type bikes. To my (limited) knowledge the WSBK bikes generally make more power, but the MotoGP bikes handle better and tend to lap a little faster. I think most would agree MotoGP is considered to be the best of the best, and WSBK would be the next step below it. I tend to like the riders "personalities" in MotoGP a bit more, I think they're able to be more of themselves than you sometimes see in other series'. WSBK can be seen on SPEED at various times, they normally run 2 races, and you can also catch a Supersport class as well, which run 600cc machines.

If I'm wrong on any of this please feel free to correct me, anyone.

2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R-Black
Clear Alternatives Tail Light
2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
2003 Yamaha Zuma-Fairy Silver
TPT 70cc Kit, Leo Vince ZX Exhaust, Malossi Delta Clutch, Scott's Damper Sticker
post #5 of 21 Old 03-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah, but not always at a reasonable time. They also don't always replay them so if you don't have a dvr or something, then you might miss some of the races.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/fim-world-superbike/
post #6 of 21 Old 03-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I would agree that MotoGP is the better of the two championship series. I watch as many of both series as possible and usually catch all the MotoGP races.
post #7 of 21 Old 03-22-2011, 07:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I think AMA and WSBK has more exciting racing than Moto Gp. I watch them all though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
post #8 of 21 Old 03-22-2011, 08:12 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick10 View Post
I think AMA and WSBK has more exciting racing than Moto Gp. I watch them all though.
It comes and goes IMO. I don't have access to DVR so I haven't seen anything this year (I hate that) but it all comes down to the last few laps for me. If someone has run away with a 10 second lead it's just no fun to watch, but when you get some really good battles like Rossi and Lorenzo were putting on last year then it's really nice.

2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
TPT 70cc Kit, Leo Vince ZX Exhaust, Malossi Delta Clutch, Scott's Damper Sticker
post #9 of 21 Old 03-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickalltogether View Post
AMA is just US stuff. WSBK (World Superbike) is 1000cc machines loosely based on the stock machines, I'm honestly not 100% on what components they share and what they don't. MotoGP currently uses 800cc "prototype" machines, which basically equates to anything goes type bikes. To my (limited) knowledge the WSBK bikes generally make more power, but the MotoGP bikes handle better and tend to lap a little faster. I think most would agree MotoGP is considered to be the best of the best, and WSBK would be the next step below it. I tend to like the riders "personalities" in MotoGP a bit more, I think they're able to be more of themselves than you sometimes see in other series'. WSBK can be seen on SPEED at various times, they normally run 2 races, and you can also catch a Supersport class as well, which run 600cc machines.

If I'm wrong on any of this please feel free to correct me, anyone.

You are correct on MotoGP. Prototype bikes with an 800 cc limit and a minimum weights varying between 135 and 165 kg depending on the amount of cylinders. They will allow up to 6 cylinder bikes. Most are 2's (ducati) or fours (everyone else). MotoGP engine displacement limits again will increase to 1000 cc's in 2012.

World Superbike are based on production bikes that are available to the public. The bikes here are heavier, and if MotoGP is motorcycles equivalent to Formula 1, WorldSBK is equivalent to touring cars.
post #10 of 21 Old 03-22-2011, 09:18 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostryder79 View Post
You are correct on MotoGP. Prototype bikes with an 800 cc limit and a minimum weights varying between 135 and 165 kg depending on the amount of cylinders. They will allow up to 6 cylinder bikes. Most are 2's (ducati) or fours (everyone else). MotoGP engine displacement limits again will increase to 1000 cc's in 2012.

World Superbike are based on production bikes that are available to the public. The bikes here are heavier, and if MotoGP is motorcycles equivalent to Formula 1, WorldSBK is equivalent to touring cars.
Thanks for expanding on my explanation, the comparison of F1 to MotoGP is a pretty accurate one... F1 is fucking nuts though, their engineers are all slightly off their rockers.

2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in