What's the deal with Spies? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 247 Old 05-22-2012, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

What's the deal with Spies?

The Stoner retiring thread was so good it brought to mind another Moto GP topic. What's the deal with Spies? Last year he was consistent and strong. This year he can't get a break. I hope his luck improves.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 247 Old 05-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I don't get it either. It's gotta be the bike. Or the tires. I'd like to see him and Stoner trade bikes and see what happens.
post #3 of 247 Old 05-22-2012, 04:43 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
I don't get it either. It's gotta be the bike. Or the tires. I'd like to see him and Stoner trade bikes and see what happens.
I wouldnt say its the bike, just bad luck. Last race, he got a bad start and had problems with his visor letting water in after he banged it on his windscreen at the start. his laptimes were respectable and could have been fighting with the Tech 3 guys. He likes Barcelona and maybe we will see a turnaround there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 247 Old 05-22-2012, 04:48 PM
formerly GHOST RIDER

Posting Frequency

I feel bad for the guy, I can't come up with any reason as to why he's the back marker. When CRT team beats you...that's bad! He's the step child of Yamaha, do teamates even share info. on testings? I hope he pulls a rabbit out of the hat for Laguna Sega.

Never forget who helped you!
Never forgive who fu*ked you.
Doing a trackday is like "SEX", no matter what happens you'll want to hit it again..
post #5 of 247 Old 05-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I was wondering the same thing.. I was thinking he was gonna podium finish for the season this year but its not looking good.... I hope he bounces back. I'm a spies fan but it was dam nice to see rossi do his thing this last race!
post #6 of 247 Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I think a lot has to do with a run of bad luck initially, but now it's turned into a mental block. He came out of AMA and WSBK the king of the hill. Invincible. Thinking he could do pretty much anything. Last year he had that same mentality, but kept it reserved somewhat to learn the circuits and bike and who he was racing against. I think he thought he'd be faster and more competitive right off the bat and that's got his brain in knots now that he's not able to stay with the Aliens. Throw in some bad luck and that's not a good recipe. If he can find that rhythm and let go, then he'll be back out front. But with his contract up next year and him not in the mix, I think he might be looking for a new saddle next year. Sad when the CRT and Tech 3 guys are quicker than the number 2 factory bike.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #7 of 247 Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

yeah guys he has the same bike as all the yamaha guys and i'd say he's a better rider than all of them but lorenzo. On a good day he's as good as him. Unfortunately, like skydork said, he's had alot of bad days. A few front end crashes does something mentally to these guys sometimes. If you dont trust the front, it takes a while to get that back. Add to the loss of confidence a run of bad luck, plus tracks you struggle at, and you have some bad results.

I think he's going turn it around. And he best be doing it soon. He's got doviziozo pining for his factory ride, and yamaha have already said preseason they expect better results than last year. If he don't get back to form soon, he'll be looking for a ride. I hear there's a repsol seat open. And by pedrosa's results, there should be 2 repsol rides available next year...

Last edited by hayden41; 05-22-2012 at 08:58 PM.
post #8 of 247 Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I`d like to see him pick it up and do better also, Thought for sure this year with the 1000cc platform and some time in racing the aleins He`d be right up there with them.

Agreed it was great to see Rossi up there this past weekend, he did say it all seems to be coming together in portugal.
post #9 of 247 Old 05-23-2012, 04:18 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hard to say what can creep into a mans mind when his confidence wains. Hes a stone cold killer though. Dont count him out in Barcelonia.

post #10 of 247 Old 05-29-2012, 04:08 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I read an article that said Spies crashed pretty hard in practice earlier in the season during practice. He isn't 100% yet.

If you gotta ask you can't afford it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in