what is your Quick Shifter technique? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 10-14-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Where'd the boobs go?

Posting Frequency

what is your Quick Shifter technique?

I just put a dynojet quick shifter on my 10r and haven't had anytime to test it before racing it this weekend. Any tips on how you shift with it? Like do you leave your foot floating above it before you shift verses preloading like without it? Also do you shift it rather hard with your foot? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 10-14-2011, 01:47 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
You just shift like normal. There's no preloading or you'll actually engage the kill switch. Just wait until you're ready to make the shift and shift like you would normally, just without the clutch. Also, make sure you're actually accelerating when doing it. Not just cruising.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 35 Old 10-14-2011, 02:20 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to caboose
I found that I had to be very firm with the shifts. If you just push it gently you may end up hanging up between gears. The kill time is short, make the shift fast, push it like you mean it.

Shift at 12-12.5k

2010 10R Superbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 10-14-2011, 06:17 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Definitely be firm with the shifts and keep your foot clear of the shifter when your not shifting. I have my kill time set at 55ms, works good for drag racing. I have found myself bumping the kill a few times though preloading the lever by accident.
post #5 of 35 Old 10-15-2011, 12:25 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Can I ask why you installed Dynojet shifter and Not a Strain gauge sensor??

As I've read that coil control is better than fuel management when it comes to quickshifters.
post #6 of 35 Old 12-20-2011, 06:40 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I use the handlebar button, my brain says shift, my thumb reacts just slightly before my foot AND it shifts like an automatic. Hadn't bungled a shift in years
post #7 of 35 Old 12-20-2011, 09:12 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Kawawog
I recently fitted the Anatori RL (strain guage) shifter which dosent require any kill time setting, only sensitivity adjustment, and even on just the default setting the shifting it faultless
No preloading nesessary, just hit that shifter when your ready to change.. Even in the lower rpm its a relatively smooth shift.. Definately much better with some high rpm though
post #8 of 35 Old 12-21-2011, 05:23 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawawog View Post
I recently fitted the Anatori RL (strain guage) shifter which dosent require any kill time setting, only sensitivity adjustment, and even on just the default setting the shifting it faultless
No preloading nesessary, just hit that shifter when your ready to change.. Even in the lower rpm its a relatively smooth shift.. Definately much better with some high rpm though
From what I know the Anatori has had good reviews because it differs from some of the others on the market and is a stand alone unit.

The Anatori has three settings of sensitivety basically short/medium and long ignition kill times and seems to work well accross most of the rev range which is an improvement over some others which don't work below a certain rpm due to having to set the kill time specifically for each gear but is still not ideal.

Then there's the Translogic stand alone Titanium unit which is basically a full superbike spec unit, I'm yet to find a better shifter on the market than the Translogic.

It has all the best features of the Anatori such as the use of the strain gauge tech but is more refined again.

The best bit is the AST (Adaptive Shift Technology) feature. Everytime you select a gear on the Translogic it will select an ignition kill time from one of the 100's of kill times inbuilt into the AST unit to match the current RPM's meaning it is smooth at any RPM.

I have ridden with majority of the QS's and this thing is noticably the slickest thing I have used to date and the fact it does not need to be used in conjunction with anything else is fantastic!
post #9 of 35 Old 12-21-2011, 01:17 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Kawawog
That translogic titanium unit sounds the shiz I couldnt imagine anything better then what ive got with just the RL version, even in just default mode..
It was well smooth enough for me at all the rpms i tried it
post #10 of 35 Old 12-22-2011, 04:45 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawawog View Post
That translogic titanium unit sounds the shiz I couldnt imagine anything better then what ive got with just the RL version, even in just default mode..
It was well smooth enough for me at all the rpms i tried it
Don't get me wrong the Anatori is probably the best value for money stand alone QS on the market and I wouldn't buy anything below that in terms of features so your on a good thing.

The Translogic is the shiz but it costs a fair bit more to, best bang for your buck is probably what you bought, I only bought the Translogic because I got a ride on a bike with a Translogic fitted and couldn't get over how good it was. If I hadn't had a chance to use it I would have gone the Anatori RL also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in